Typhon V4 Typhon 6S cooling vent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avogev

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
motor cooling solution
zDLUcaE.jpg

i made it to run with the WTF 40mm motor. it mounts the fan on the motor and still provides some air channels. all the motor vents ive seen so far (aside from the heatsink ones) just seal the air on the motor pretty much making the whole thing useless since the air doesn't move anywhere if its sealed off.

pjx7NQY.jpg

5E5Q2Jp.jpg

This part here goes on top of the fan. basically forcing the fan to only draw air from outside instead of circulating the hot air inside. (the logo is just my company name)

the intent was also to be able to run the car with a chassis cover and have the cover sandwiched between the vent and the fan, forcing outside cool air. this worked as well but i got tired of the velcros coming off so i no longer use the chassis cover.
blh1hts.jpg

9GMfxn8.jpg

fitment test

RDCePYK.jpg

hole cut, and the vent has a snap feature so it snaps to the body and doesn't move unless you want to remove it.

Cedfr1Z.jpg

fAUvSuO.jpg

everything is measured to stock body height (in this picture, my body height is a little different since i was testing something else at the moment). the vent falls right on the fan and draws air from outside.

zDLUcaE.jpg

results based on my measurements were 15 to 20 degrees cooler with the fan.

motor cooling solution
zDLUcaE.jpg

i made it to run with the WTF 40mm motor. it mounts the fan on the motor and still provides some air channels. all the motor vents ive seen so far (aside from the heatsink ones) just seal the air on the motor pretty much making the whole thing useless since the air doesn't move anywhere if its sealed off.

pjx7NQY.jpg

5E5Q2Jp.jpg

This part here goes on top of the fan. basically forcing the fan to only draw air from outside instead of circulating the hot air inside. (the logo is just my company name)

the intent was also to be able to run the car with a chassis cover and have the cover sandwiched between the vent and the fan, forcing outside cool air. this worked as well but i got tired of the velcros coming off so i no longer use the chassis cover.
blh1hts.jpg

9GMfxn8.jpg

fitment test

RDCePYK.jpg

hole cut, and the vent has a snap feature so it snaps to the body and doesn't move unless you want to remove it.

Cedfr1Z.jpg

fAUvSuO.jpg

everything is measured to stock body height (in this picture, my body height is a little different since i was testing something else at the moment). the vent falls right on the fan and draws air from outside.

zDLUcaE.jpg

results based on my measurements were 15 to 20 degrees cooler with the fan.

That’s awesome!
Where can I buy one?
I’ve been cutting holes in the body to try to get air flowing through - but that is a great solution! ?

That’s awesome!
Where can I buy one?
I’ve been cutting holes in the body to try to get air flowing through - but that is a great solution! ?

i can make something happen i suppose. ill need to look into proper pricing and whatnot. are you looking for only the vent or the motor mount combo?

i can make something happen i suppose. ill need to look into proper pricing and whatnot. are you looking for only the vent or the motor mount combo?

Does the fan pull air from the motor, or push outside air onto it?

Def interested in the vent ??

Nice! I had been thinking about doing something similar but mine would be way more ugly since I was just going to cut a hole and super glue some sort of flap on to the body.

Nice solution! But it looks like it will suck a lot of sand and dirt in the fan. Those WTF's are tough though.. Or did you put some mesh between it?
This is how far i managed to get some cooling not being so handy:

yes, the design for this right now is to go hand in hand with the mesh chassis cover sandwiched between the 2 gray parts. if i don't use the chassis cover, id put the same exact style mesh on my fan just like you have on the esc fan. so far, in my offroading sessions, it definitely sucks a good amount of dirt but it all falls out on battery changes when i lift the cover up.

Decided to cut up the front window on the typhon body for some additional cooling. Got some screen door patches off Amazon to try to keep the dirt and dust out of there. Hadn't seen anyone else besides OP do a forward vent. Is there any reason I should be worried about doing this? I kinda like the mesh as well since it gives it a sort of window net look.

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_215513.jpg
    IMG_20190708_215513.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20190708_215520.jpg
    IMG_20190708_215520.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 103
only downside i can see is the dirt getting in. the mesh could be finer. but thats definitely a great location for a cooling vent. im avoiding doing the windows because i don't like the look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back