Kraton V4 vs V5/EXB A-arms compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
I have a V4 with M2C chassis. I’d like to know if my setup is compatible with new EXB arms or not. From the Arrma website, I see the new arms are listed as compatible with the V4.

However, I seem to remember reading here that there is a compatibility issue regarding the older (V4) A-Arms vs the newer (V5/EXB), but I can’t find the thread. Did I invent that? If I recall correctly, it was something about the droop screw not lining up with the chassis “ears“ or something like that.

If I am right about this, can somebody clarify what works and what doesn’t?

Thanks!

The V4 droop ears are wider than the EXB/V5 ears. You can grind them down to work with the updated arms.

Ah! Thanks a lot! So it's just a slight mod on the chassis. After that mod, can I still go back to V4 arms, or is there no coming back?

Also, if I want to go that route, do I need the V5 shock tower as well? The V4 and V5 towers are quite different. Is the shock mounting point on the EXB a-arms close enough for it to work without issue with the V4 tower?

Thanks again!

Ah! Thanks a lot! So it's just a slight mod on the chassis. After that mod, can I still go back to V4 arms, or is there no coming back?

Also, if I want to go that route, do I need the V5 shock tower as well? The V4 and V5 towers are quite different. Is the shock mounting point on the EXB a-arms close enough for it to work without issue with the V4 tower?

Thanks again!
I don’t think there is going back. But once you have the better arms, you won’t likely want to. ??‍♂️

OK, thanks!

Do you know if the car/suspension geometry remains good if I keep the V4 shock tower with the EXB arms?
I do not. I can say that the EXB/V5 setup is the smoothest thing I’ve ever ran. Just soaks up everything and the rig just floats.

Can I mount Kraton 6s parts on the M2C 3005 Chassis or will I get big problems?
Normally I need only an other rear Dogbone an rear chassis brace???
Thanks

I don't have pictures on me but there are differences. Droop screws is one and sway bar position is another. Lower front shock pin is a different length.

When I put the v4 RPM arms on my EXB the front hub Carriers were floppy and geometry was off. EXB handled better, but RPM was more durable (more flexible) and lighter weight.

I don't have pictures on me but there are differences. Droop screws is one and sway bar position is another. Lower front shock pin is a different length.

When I put the v4 RPM arms on my EXB the front hub Carriers were floppy and geometry was off. EXB handled better, but RPM was more durable (more flexible) and lighter weight.
Thanks.
But it must be the same with the kraton exb parts how a outcast exb???

I want to know if I must drill new holes in the m2c chassis or not?

At the end I want to have a better outcast exb for less money than a stock outcast exb.

Thanks.

At the end I want to have a better outcast exb for less money than a stock outcast exb. Oh
I did all this on my Talion EXB which is the same arms (but different towers) as i understand it. Compared to the Kraton.

Sorry, I don't have an outcast, but it does say outcast on the manual that came with my car says both Talion EXB and Outcast EXB so i imagine they are the same

I did all this on my Talion EXB which is the same arms (but different towers) as i understand it. Compared to the Kraton.

Sorry, I don't have an outcast, but it does say outcast on the manual that came with my car says both Talion EXB and Outcast EXB so i imagine they are the same
Thanks.
Have you took the old m2c 3005 till V4 or the new m2c 3005 till V5 chassis?
The new one has other ears in the rear for the droop screws.

Thanks.

At the end I want to have a better outcast exb for less money than a stock outcast exb.
I put the rpm arms on my 6s v5 notorious, I needed the v4 shock pins and the longer sway bar, I also noticed that the angle off my lower control arms in the rear was too flat, I just drilled new holes on the shock tower. Just don't go too far down or u will have issues where the body mount goes

I put the rpm arms on my 6s v5 notorious, I needed the v4 shock pins and the longer sway bar, I also noticed that the angle off my lower control arms in the rear was too flat, I just drilled new holes on the shock tower. Just don't go too far down or u will have issues where the body mount goes
I don't want rpm arms.
I want to drive the original exb parts.
Original kraton exb and make it shorter.
Is this possible with the m2c 3005 chassis or not?
I know that I need a shorter dogbone and chassis brace in the rear.

Thanks.
Have you took the old m2c 3005 till V4 or the new m2c 3005 till V5 chassis?
The new one has other ears in the rear for the droop screws.

Sorry I use the m2c 3010 ARRMA TALION 4 MM CHASSIS

But EXB arms are the same for Kraton and Talion far as I know. Only difference is shock tower mounting point far as I can tell.

I would say you probably want those latest V5 parts unless you want to go RPM with the v4 stuff

EXB is the latest design and aftermarket hasn't completely caught up yet

Back