Kraton V5 6s Kraton diffs on 8s ok?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mathesonfire

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Does V5 Kraton have same diffs as EXB Kraton? Will regular V5 Kraton diffs be fine on 8s?

No, the EXB Kraton and V5 RTR Kraton have different diffs. The EXB has the newer GP4 diff gears. Front and center EXB diffs are LSD (limited slip) The rear EXB diff is "Open". V5 has standard open diffs. EXB diffs are listed as an option part for the V5 RTR version. Go to Arrma-RC.com for all this info.
Yes you can run 8s on a V5 with Standard diffs. It has been done numerous times over the years before the EXB diffs were around. But you will get better longevity with EXB diffs running 8s power. As your standard diffs wear out, you can always upgrade to the EXB diffs. Or just do it now. Your call. Not urgent IMHO.
I would run what you got and gradually change over as needed. More practical. Just me.
Good luck.:cool:

No, the EXB Kraton and V5 RTR Kraton have different diffs. The EXB has the newer GP4 diff gears. Front and center EXB diffs are LSD (limited slip) The rear EXB diff is "Open". V5 has standard open diffs. EXB diffs are listed as an option part for the V5 RTR version. Go to Arrma-RC.com for all this info.
Yes you can run 8s on a V5 with Standard diffs. It has been done numerous times over the years before the EXB diffs were around. But you will get better longevity with EXB diffs running 8s power. As your standard diffs wear out, you can always upgrade to the EXB diffs. Or just do it now. Your call. Not urgent IMHO.
I would run what you got and gradually change over as needed. More practical. Just me.
Good luck.:cool:
G'day and greetings from down-under! Mate, this is without a doubt the most pleasing answer to any question I've ever asked for any topic haha, thank you so very much for your time on this! I do greatly appreciate it and the peace of mind/ satisfaction you've assured me on my most recent Arrma purchase. I simply dropped a max 6 in a stock Mojave set up of mine a while back and it went like a bat outta hell on 8s with no issues (heat or otherwise) over more than few runs, until fatefully I flew too close to the sun with my finger gingerly pressing the throttle when I should have been backing off and high speed crashed/ smashed it into oblivion sideways through the gutter lol 😭 The Mojave was an absolute hoot until that hateful moment haha.. but hey, on the brightside now I've got a spare max 6 for the new Kraton eh haha?! 😅 the thrill of all that speed and power still remains though so am hoping for similiar from the Kraton. You've been extremely helpful mate and your advice is perfect for me so I'll do just that and merrily enjoy my Kraton, thanks again mate! and good luck to you too and your RC adventures. Cheers and take care mate! 👍😊🍻

Back