Kraton V5 Kraton 1/8 voltage cut off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed c

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
Does anyone know the voltage cut off the esc is set to fm the factory in a V5 Kraton 1/8. If there is one, is it adjustable and how. Thank you

According to the manual for the 150A ESC, the LVC is set at 3.0V from the factory. It can be set anywhere from 2.6V to 3.4V in .2V increments. When I had that ESC in my Kraton I set it to 3.2V.

You can adjust spektrum lvc? I don't remember being able to do that.

Thank u for that. I can't find it in my booklet that came with the truck. I looked on page 12 for esc info

You might want to get a cheap lipo alarm

Actually I do have a couple of them. Thank you for that idea. I might have to do that if I can't adjust the cut off rate.

You can adjust spektrum lvc? I don't remember being able to do that.
According to the manuals, on the Spektrum Firma 130A and 150A ESCs you can, but not on the Firma 160A. And I understand you can't adjust LVC on the one used in the Vorteks. I'm not sure if it was an option on the older BLX ESCs as I no longer have one or the manual for them. Here's a link to the Firma ESC manual:

https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Firma-Manual-EN.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you. I'll double check what esc I have in my kraton.

As of last year it was 3.2V/cell although a firmware update may have changed that, and it's not adjustable.
According to the Kraton Owner's Manual, there isn't an option to set the LVC, but according to the ESC manual, you can set it. IIRC, there isn't an option to set it using the button method, but it can be set using the Spektrum program card. Unfortunately, I don't have a way to verify that since I replaced my Firma 150Ac ESC with a Castle system and sold the stock motor and ESC.

Actually I do have a couple of them. Thank you for that idea. I might have to do that if I can't adjust the cut off rate.
I recommend 3.4v LVC. No lower than this.
If LVC is settable within your ESC.
If it's not, use a lipo alarm...set to 3.4v/cell.

Your lipos will thank you greatly. Live a longer life.;)
If you find run times too short for your specific gearing and how you bash, get higher capacity Lipos.
15 minutes run time, give or take, is normal IMHO. and works for me.
There are other factors that affect run time aside from gearing. Extreme Timing and High Punch settings being a few. I am very conservative with these settings.
My spin.
:cool:

Last edited:
The manual is wrong, I remember when I went through the adventure of trying to figure out how to set lvc and there is no option in spektrum settings with or without program card. It's actually kind of poopy to not be able to set lvc, I dislike the max6 for that reason too but at least they have low/med/high. Spektrum has nothing.

I emailed horizon hobbies and asked what the voltage cut is in the v5 kraton 1/8 and they replied back to me that's it's 3 4v cut off. Hope this helps everyone.

I emailed horizon hobbies and asked what the voltage cut is in the v5 kraton 1/8 and they replied back to me that's it's 3 4v cut off. Hope this helps everyone.
It does help and I was going to add but late for those with Firma 130, 150, 160 all I have. 150 has no LVC option to change but the other two your can change LVC. 3.4v where I set mine. I am running the most current firmware on all 3.

Glad to know they said 3.4v but from running my Infraction with stock 150A I really don’t feel it gets there stops short. Comparing it to Firma ESC I can set it to 3.4v manually I get more runtime.

Good update

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back