Kraton V5 Motor Heatsink/Fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would it be possible to mount two of these like 90 degrees apart? It's hard to tell from the pictures how much room it requires and how much is left after one is mounted.
I just checked, and there isn't enough room on the back side of the motor to mount a fan. It would hit the driveshaft.

Would it be possible to mount two of these like 90 degrees apart? It's hard to tell from the pictures how much room it requires and how much is left after one is mounted.
If you have 2 separate fan mounts you might be able to get the fans 90 Degrees opposed. Opposing them seems like a good idea actually, depend on clearance. Better and even Air flow surrounding the motor.
I used a 20mm fan mounted to a 20x20mm HS on the motor backplate. Hottest part of the motor IMHO. To try out. Used adhesive thermal paste glue to attach it.
My Mojave with Kraton arms and Lim body build. Stock electrics. Runs cool, never hit thermal yet. 22T Pin. This would also fit a Kraton chassis.
Might be very tight on a SWB Typhon/Noto/OC/Senton 6s chassis. I also have just used this 20mm HS alone, no fan on a few of my rigs at the motor's End Plate with positive results also. Of course a fan in the standard position is always necessary with any motor at a minimum. The 20mm HS without fan, alone, gets super hot, so it is definitely drawing heat from the motor. Good to use this as additional supplemental cooling along with fan(s). Really helps the motor stay cool. Can't hurt to use these small 20mm HS's if you still have heat issues with your fan setup. Really works. Tested with my Temp gun. Getting lower temps with it guaranteed. I always noticed the end cap of this motor was the hottest part.

20220116_144835.jpg

20220116_145205.jpg

Last edited:
If you have 2 separate fan mounts you might be able to get the fans 90 Degrees opposed. Opposing them seems like a good idea actually, depend on clearance. Better and even Air flow surrounding the motor.
I used a 20mm fan mounted to a 20mm HS on the motor backplate. Hottest part of the motor IMHO. To try out. Used adhesive thermal paste glue to attach it.
My Mojave with Kraton arms and Lim body build. Stock electrics. Runs cool, never hit thermal yet. 22T Pin.

View attachment 193181

View attachment 193182
I like that fan mount. Seems like on of the more optimal setups with the spacing from the motor. With a mount that style I bet you could get two of them on there. More even cooling was my thoughts on a dual fan setup. I figure there can be no such thing as too much cooling. I like your idea with the fan mount on the back.

I also put a 20mm HS on my Infr. Motor end plate. Also never any thermal issues. Using Speed gears. This Infr. Is using a fan mount and a throttling controlled thermistor to turn on and off the fan when it hits 100F+. Just by adding the 20m HS, the fan turns on much less frequently. And turns Off sooner. This small HS alone is doing its job.(y)
I had to shroud the fan from the left front wheel kicking up debris and breaking the fan. I used scrap lexan. As you can see, the lexan shroud is all road rashed, but protects the 40x40 mm fan.
Just some creative ideas for different rigs you may have.

20220116_152212.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back