Notorious V5 notorious motor cooling?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coconutcasanova

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Notorious
I'm trying to see if anyone can recommend me a good motor heatsink and cooling fan combo for the 6s notorious v5.

If it runs spectrum or same diameter motor I'd recommend these. They snap right in place and come with a harness/ splitter

NHX 1/8 Twin Cyclone Alum HV Cooling Fans w/Cover 28000 RPM Motor Heatsink

Screenshot_20210329-182706_eBay.jpg

If it runs spectrum or same diameter motor I'd recommend these. They snap right in place and come with a harness/ splitter

View attachment 136901
Get this!! The power hobby fan setup is $22, but it comes with plastic fans that break. The NHX fans have aluminum frames with a carbon fiber cover to keep debris from hitting the fans.

View attachment 136901
Thank you!! There are so damn many different cooling systems out there to choose from. My buddy likes his power hobby, but I wanted something nice, like the NHX that you recommended.

Thank you!! There are so damn many different cooling systems out there to choose from. My buddy likes his power hobby, but I wanted something nice, like the NHX that you recommended.
Been massively impressed by these. Super powerful and sturdy

I can also say that the powerhobby is nice BUT both my fans went kaput after a couple runs. They did send me 2 new ones without question, but I'm afraid they will go again so the NHX fans are in my cart lol
Just received mine today and the quality is so nice!

Just received mine today and the quality is so nice
Be careful how you mount the fans. The wires are super thin and get cut into easily and I think that's why my fans went bye bye lol. This time I wrapped them in electrical tape to protect them from debris (y)

Or did you mean the NHX fans lol?

Be careful how you mount the fans. The wires are super thin and get cut into easily and I think that's why my fans went bye bye lol. This time I wrapped them in electrical tape to protect them from debris (y)

Or did you mean the NHX fans lol?
The NHX fans, my power hobby fans broke easily as well. Then I upgraded to the aluminum fans, but they still broke because I could not get the one to stay completely flush on the mount, so when I would land it would slap down and break.

View attachment 136901
Do you ziptie the heat sink to the motor?

Nice that it fits those alloy framed 30mm fans without having to modify the fans... that was the issue I had with the powerhobby/yeah racing one. I think I'd still put at least one fat ziptie in the middle, just for peace of mind.

On one, I used a sander to grind down the edges of the fans where they meet. That was a pain.
2021-0225-ERBEv2-XT90Clamps-TopClose.jpg

On my others, I elongated the holes on all 4 fans, also annoying, but less so.
2021-0402-outcast-Rocket4092-1650kv-chassisTop.jpg

2021-0403-stampede-blx2050kv-Top.jpg

I can also say that the powerhobby is nice BUT both my fans went kaput after a couple runs. They did send me 2 new ones without question, but I'm afraid they will go again so the NHX fans are in my cart lol
My buddy's power hobby fans have gone out atleast 2 times that I know of. Power hobby is cool, but broken parts get annoying after a couple times.

Thats what I did and its been fine for about 6 packs. The thermal paste won't do any harm like you say. I've been getting grass and twigs into my fans and they are still ripping!
So to mount the nhx to the motor you push it straight down onto the can? If so imma thermal paste mount it on because it can only help :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back