Kraton V5 or EXB chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I’ve heard the V5 chassis with the extra ridges is as strong as the EXB

Was wondering what you guys think

TIA
Hopefully they are right. I bent my V4 chassis on my K6S with like a 15 ft high jump in the rear area. I've had better luck with the Mojave EXB chassis and my K6S XL 👍

Hey guys I’ve heard the V5 chassis with the extra ridges is as strong as the EXB

Was wondering what you guys think

TIA
No not even close.

Hopefully they are right. I bent my V4 chassis on my K6S with like a 15 ft high jump in the rear area. I've had better luck with the Mojave EXB chassis and my K6S XL 👍
I heard a couple different times that the v4 is about the same as the exb

The v5 even possibly being stronger
No not even close.
So the exb over the v5?

I heard a couple different times that the v4 is about the same as the exb

The v5 even possibly being stronger
V4>V5>EXB. V4 and V5 are both made from stamped 6065 aluminum, the redesign of the rear of the V5 chassis makes it a little stronger than the V4. It is pretty impossible for 3mm of stamped 6065 aluminum to be stronger than 4mm of 7075 aluminum.

V4>V5>EXB. V4 and V5 are both made from stamped 6065 aluminum, the redesign of the rear of the V5 chassis makes it a little stronger than the V4. It is pretty impossible for 3mm of stamped 6065 aluminum to be stronger than 4mm of 7075 aluminum.
Thank you sir! 🤛

I would go with the EXB, just know that Arrma's 7075 does not seem to be nearly as strong as M2C's 7075 aluminum.

I just went with a V5 BLX, I hardly ever hear of anyone bending the V5's chassis either, the v5 redesign (wider + ridges) helped imo

My V5 looks like a taco. I have the M2C Superlite chassis and it is still straight as an arrow, it's lighter than stock as well. I would spring for one of the M2C chassis but if it has to be Arrma the EXB is the best.

They all bend like butter once the poorly designed rear brace shears off its lower mount screw, leaving the chassis unsupported. Likely only M2C will hold up if this type of failure happens, which it does frequently if you bash heavy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back