Typhon v5 Typhon 6s why not a new build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Empty icecream tub lol
IMG_20210103_133657144.jpg

Lol they won’t but let r rip
Actually they've held up so far!! Haven't ran them on pavement but I've put them through some hell on grass and dirt and still holding up, not even coming unglued after 3 runs🤷

Ok @jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii want to start setting the Typhon up for speed. Looking at grabbing the 46t felony/infraction spur and some bigger pinions to start. What would be some other suggestions that won't break the bank you guys would suggest? Possibly new motor also but want to see what the stock motor and ESC will do for now and not looking to break records either. Thanks for any info and input guys!!
Also going to order a set of the GRP's was thinking the s7's?

Last edited:
Finished up with the K6s hub/axle/hex swap, also straighten up the front wheels. She should hold straight as an arrow now and have a little wider stance for stability 👍
IMG_20210109_093836011.jpg

IMG_20210109_093853731.jpg

IMG_20210109_093826800.jpg

IMG_20210109_093913877.jpg

Ok @jondilly1974 @LibertyMKiii want to start setting the Typhon up for speed. Looking at grabbing the 46t felony/infraction spur and some bigger pinions to start. What would be some other suggestions that won't break the bank you guys would suggest? Possibly new motor also but want to see what the stock motor and ESC will do for now and not looking to break records either. Thanks for any info and input guys!!
Also going to order a set of the GRP's was thinking the s7's?
I would skip the 46T spur and just get the 34T spool from the Limitless. You will need at least a 27T pinion too. That should get you going really fast. Those chinese tires will really blow for sure on 6S 🤣🤘

For tires, I would go S1 this time of year. You want the most grip possible.

Got the new DumboRC x6/x6f rx/tx installed and end points set 👍 not sure I'll use the gyro but might play with it just to see if I like it or not🤷
IMG_20210109_145530750.jpg

Motor pinion or spool gear?
Motor pinion. With the 34T spur on the Limitless spool, you MUST run at least a 27T pinion. With a 36T spur, my guess is you might be able to use a 25T pinion. The motor mount only moves so far towards the center. Your pinion options are limited

@jondilly1974 thanks again bro, glad I have your mind to pick and not just guessing what to get
I just went ahead and picked up a 42t spool so I have room to play with the pinion set I ordered and get used to the higher speeds, nice thing is I can order smaller spool gears for it down to atleast 30t also. Thanks again @jondilly1974 for saving me from getting $hit that won't work and cause me headache 👍

Last edited:
Got some more goodies for the v5 Typhon today😁😍 GRP tires s3, wheel nuts and 2 6500mAh 60c 6s packs oh and some new MIP drivers😍. Already got one pinion set with 23,25,26t still waiting on my 42t spool and she'll be ready for some real speed runs. Probably throw the 23t in now with the 50t spur and new GRP's for the first runs. Got a decent amount of options with pinions and the 50t stock spur to play with for now until the spool arrives
IMG_20210114_162216_615.jpg

IMG_20210114_162216_616.jpg

She's coming along😍 tires installed, balanced and aligned, slammed her down low, put in a 23t pinion with the stock 50t center diff, don't think I could fit a 24t as the stock motor mount is almost all the way out, maybe 1/8" of space for the screws left. Can't wait to see what she will do now and soon have lots to play with adjustment wise when my spool gets here today😁
IMG_20210114_233857388.jpg
IMG_20210114_233752183.jpg

You’ll want to take that front bumper off at some point around 80mph or so. Thats when it will become a wing and add lift.
Ya it's as good as gone just haven't pulled it yet, spent good amount of time last night balancing tires, adjusting droop and adjusting tire alignment 👍

First run on the new setup today didn't go near as planned, but results were way better than I expected 😱 new PB of 75 with a shorter kinda sketchy run!! Pretty sure my antenna wire is broken on the Dumbo receiver so be putting the SLT3 back in for now. Also still need to pull the front RPM bumper and my mudguards. Can't wait to get out and give her a good long run see what I can pull on the 23/42 gearing. Still got some bigger pinions too and here soon a 32t spool😱. Definitely hooked now🤪 100mph here I come!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back