V5 vs V4 Diffs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mariniam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
Can anyone please share differences between the V5 and V4 diffs?

Does the V5 still need checking and shimming from the factory when new or is there an improvement vs V4?

Bro I put a v4 rear diff in my exb and never checked it. No problem and I'm running a K8s setup on 6s I'm my Kraton exb. But I'm sure some are going to say its best to check. May I ask what your reasoning is? Do you plan on installing a v5 diff into a v4 kraton?

Thanks, no Im just asking because I have a kraton EXB and a mojave 6s on their way and wanted to know if they still require shimming before going out in the field being they are new arrma models.

Of course now I'm writing this I realize I don't know what version diff the mojave 6s has, I just presumed it would be a v5 since its a new model.
Same for kraton EXB, just presumed it would be a V5, but you put a V4 in yours??

Ya because during the issue they previously had that was a quick easy fix. Your new exb models in my opinion are fine but if your comfort I would open them up for fluid levels but Horizon hobbies will cover them if they fail.

Same for kraton EXB, just presumed it would be a V5
Hi, the EXB has a limited slip diff which is different to the V5 diff in the standard Kraton 6s - but I believe the standard Kraton 6s V4 diff is the same as the V5...

the 2nd batch of Kraton EXB diff's are better than the first lot...probably just need fluid levels checking or you can check shims as well - but the EXB LSD is different to the standard Kraton 6s diff...

Hi, the EXB has a limited slip diff which is different to the V5 diff in the standard Kraton 6s - but I believe the standard Kraton 6s V4 diff is the same as the V5...

the 2nd batch of Kraton EXB diff's are better than the first lot...probably just need fluid levels checking or you can check shims as well - but the EXB LSD is different to the standard Kraton 6s diff...
thanks a lot for the info I didn't know any of that. I'll have a look at the fluid levels like you suggest, though it is beyond me how an expensive top branded RC car comes with an incorrect setup.

I am pretty sure they are the same too.

Too many people are overly paranoid about diff shimming. I built mine like the manual shows them needing to be built, I only added the large shims on the crown gear side to get the mesh good and they have been fine for well over a year running a Hobbywing 4985 1650kv motor on 6s.

I am guessing yes they are but if you are being overly paranoid about it you can always compare the exploded diagrams.
No I got the new V5 typhon and it's winter here so I haven't really done anything with it yet. But I didn't see any about different diffs I know the v5 comes with extra shims for ur outer drive shaft to tighten the messe up.

No I got the new V5 typhon and it's winter here so I haven't really done anything with it yet. But I didn't see any about different diffs I know the v5 comes with extra shims for ur outer drive shaft to tighten the messe up.
Nope the diffs are 100% the same as the V4. Only difference is these ARA310976 https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA310976

Extra shims for the outer drive shaft? Where is the outer drive shaft?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back