Kraton Vacation bash at BMX track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrQQ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone!

Here's a short video of a bashing session while on vacation...
Unfortunately after 2 runs a guy came to me and told me that the track is only for BMX race and rcs weren't allowed. So I went there only twice ?

This is in Algarve (south of Portugal) and the soil has a LOT of clay. Specially if you are closer to the beach and I bashed a lot in very very very fine red-ish dirt...
Now I'm making a full service because all the plastics are red... ?
-Hot water, toothbrush and detergent bath,
-hair drying,
-wd40,
-let it dry,
-and finally sprayed some PTFE...

Victims of this two weeks:
-My stock bearings (at least the back ones) are a disgrace!!! I've already submerged them in break cleaner 3 or 4 times and still crunchy. It's time to get new ones...
-the screws that old the wing in that back were bent. Probably a roof landing... Also, one of the plastic braces is a bit deformed, but I'm fine with that. New screens and it's done.
-bent steering plate. One little hit on a sidewalk and it bent. Once it hitted the sidewalk I felt... It wasn't fast but it was in a weird angle. I grabbed the car, looked into the plate and it was bent near the left screw. The ball end below was absolutely free. It just didn't pop off because of the retainers in the pivot balls. The steering plate was new. Installed it before vacations, after my gf hit a tree a full 6s speed...
It's not a big bend and a hammer should solve...

Anyone got voltage hobbys steering plate in Europe? When a replaced the first one, I looked for the voltage hobbys but it was extremely expensive. So ended up buying the stock one for 15€.

For bearings, avid or fasteddy? I'm short on budget since I've spent a lot of money last two months to rebuild my first rc (BSR Berserker). I'll start rebuilding it once I finish Kraton service...

Opinions of my cleaning process are welcome!! ?

The bent screws from the wing mount made me think how bad some metal parts can be. If I had metal wing mount probably I'd break the gearbox and bent the shock tower...

I have a few candies to install also... New chassis braces (front and back) and a new jx servo 36kg that I've bought from hobbyking for 25€!! ? I'll report on that later...

PS: at the end of the video, the wheel nut came out... And the a wheel went free ?

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

Here's a short video of a bashing session while on vacation...
Unfortunately after 2 runs a guy came to me and told me that the track is only for BMX race and rcs weren't allowed. So I went there only twice ?

This is in Algarve (south of Portugal) and the soil has a LOT of clay. Specially if you are closer to the beach and I bashed a lot in very very very fine red-ish dirt...
Now I'm making a full service because all the plastics are red... ?
-Hot water, toothbrush and detergent bath,
-hair drying,
-wd40,
-let it dry,
-and finally sprayed some PTFE...

Victims of this two weeks:
-My stock bearings (at least the back ones) are a disgrace!!! I've already submerged them in break cleaner 3 or 4 times and still crunchy. It's time to get new ones...
-the screws that old the wing in that back were bent. Probably a roof landing... Also, one of the plastic braces is a bit deformed, but I'm fine with that. New screens and it's done.
-bent steering plate. One little hit on a sidewalk and it bent. Once it hitted the sidewalk I felt... It wasn't fast but it was in a weird angle. I grabbed the car, looked into the plate and it was bent near the left screw. The ball end below was absolutely free. It just didn't pop off because of the retainers in the pivot balls. The steering plate was new. Installed it before vacations, after my gf hit a tree a full 6s speed...
It's not a big bend and a hammer should solve...

Anyone got voltage hobbys steering plate in Europe? When a replaced the first one, I looked for the voltage hobbys but it was extremely expensive. So ended up buying the stock one for 15€.

For bearings, avid or fasteddy? I'm short on budget since I've spent a lot of money last two months to rebuild my first rc (BSR Berserker). I'll start rebuilding it once I finish Kraton service...

Opinions of my cleaning process are welcome!! ?

The bent screws from the wing mount made me think how bad some metal parts can be. If I had metal wing mount probably I'd break the gearbox and bent the shock tower...

I have a few candies to install also... New chassis braces (front and back) and a new jx servo 36kg that I've bought from hobbyking for 25€!! ? I'll report on that later...

PS: at the end of the video, the wheel nut came out... And the a wheel went free ?
I thought that was a bird flying away ???

You should have just jumped the burms. Then you wouldn't have been riding on the dirt sections of the track and everyone would have been happy. Ps i have raced bmx for many years and that is a beautiful track. Im surprised it's not private property.

Very nice track, I like it when someone shoots ??a vid and someone else films it so you can see the person running. As far as bearings go, either one is very good.
Happy bird hunting! ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back