Outcast Vacations over... video from 2018/08/12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Run my outcast at a couple skate parks:

Also ran my eJato at a couple:

The "red" skatepark is very hard on larger trucks. I usually run my stampede 4x4 or eJato there. Fried the rear wheel hub bearings in the jato and broke the esc fan as well.

No new damage to the outcast and the dubro front shock ball ends are as tight as they were new. Will hopefully get the tekno ones in today to put in the rear so I can get a comparison of how they hold up.

Made a plate to mount the camera on that uses the entire rear "window" of the body for support with an aluminum plate/double sided tape/bolts sandwiching the body between the two plates. Hoping it doesn't damage the body like having the camera just mounted to the side did. I don't notice any new cracks, but I did end up with the camera mounted a bit higher, so it does hit the ground more often. The camera's aluminum cage has got a lot of road rash now.

I busted the ears off the mounting plate at the second skatepark. I have 9 more... I go through the plates pretty frequently.

2018-0814-Outcast-CameraMount01.jpg

2018-0814-Outcast-CameraMount02.jpg

You can see the crack from the inside that's from how I mounted the camera before to the body:
2018-0814-Outcast-CameraMount03.jpg

Road rash:
2018-0814-GoProHero5Session-Roadrash01.jpg

2018-0814-GoProHero5Session-Roadrash02.jpg

Heck yeah! Too cool. I am currently in the process of figuring out how to attach a Vivitar Action Camera to my Granite Voltage and Fazon Voltage in a way that gets a decent video.

Heck yeah! Too cool. I am currently in the process of figuring out how to attach a Vivitar Action Camera to my Granite Voltage and Fazon Voltage in a way that gets a decent video.
The onboard is tough to watch when it's the only video source. I do like it as part of the other footage though with the PIP type. It's a real pain to sync up the footage as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back