Vehicle protection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture please

Sorry, that would help wouldn't it

An added + is it keeps little tiny rocks out of the battery compartment. You know, the kind that puncture cells...

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 76
How do you secure it to the chassis? Does the elastic hold it in place that well?

I use covers from Dusty Motors. The have a zip in the middle.
Great for normal chassis but not really for Nero. The zip in my xxl is a bit to short that it is difficult to connect the battery cable.
On normal chassis these covers are great. We use such on 4 offroad cars like SC´s or buggy´s.

Regards,
lonee

I use covers from Dusty Motors. The have a zip in the middle.
Great for normal chassis but not really for Nero. The zip in my xxl is a bit to short that it is difficult to connect the battery cable.
On normal chassis these covers are great. We use such on 4 offroad cars like SC´s or buggy´s.

Regards,
lonee
So 100 disposable covers for about $9 vs dustys cover w/ a zipper for ??

The dusty cover is fixed with velcro tape to the chassis and at the ends a rubber-tie to fix it closer around the shock area.
Normally after mounting it is not necessary to remove it all the time again.
In case to change the Lipo or do small maintenance, just open the zip.
The rubber ties also stretch the cover to prevent that the cloth comes between some gears like open center diff....
If it is dirty, jut throw it in the washing machine. (but not to hot!) ;)
Sure, it´s not cheap but it´s stable. You will get a good quality for you´re money. My first cover is now 4 years old and quite OK.
And by the way, in Germany the covers are not such cheap like in USA! :(

In the past I try also different solutions, I tried hair net from the hospital. At least I had it wrapped around drive shafts, dogbanes or between the gears. So I was looking for an other way and found the dusty covers. First I was very skeptical, but it was working quite well.
I used it the first time on an Absima Patron un gravel ground, sand and mud. Normally I had every run small stones between spur gear and chassis which blocked the drivetrain. In hardest situations I killed my gears.....
After mounting the other cover nevermore from dirt or stones.

I think we spend so much money in our hobby, so why save money for an immature solution which can damage my car?
Spend 9 (dollar?) and have fun with it for years.

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back