Typhon Velineon 3500?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brushless motor wiring is universal, if it happens to go in reverse when you hit forward throttle just swap 2 of the wires positions and it would resolve the issue.
I have not tried this motor, but 3500kv and being a 36x55 mm can...... it is undersized for 1/8 scale vehicles. I would expect it to overheat in very short time. This size motor is typically intended for vehicles that are in the 4 to 7 lbs weight range.

3S typhon or 6S?

I've run that motor on 3S in other trucks. It's not bad, but it runs pretty hot. Had it in my stampede while I ran on 2S, then put it in my eJato on 2S for a long time. When I went to 3S, it lasted a bash or two, then smoked. I don't think I was pushing it too hard at the time. I geared it so it didn't run above 160F and I had a fan on it.

Brushless motor wiring is universal, if it happens to go in reverse when you hit forward throttle just swap 2 of the wires positions and it would resolve the issue.
I have not tried this motor, but 3500kv and being a 36x55 mm can...... it is undersized for 1/8 scale vehicles. I would expect it to overheat in very short time. This size motor is typically intended for vehicles that are in the 4 to 7 lbs weight range.
Ok cool thanks I might try one pull get it on vid and put stock motor back

I can't image that motor doing anything except cogging then smoking in a full sized 1/8 buggy - if the motor shaft doesn't break first. I had 5 (yeah 5 :rolleyes:) in my stampede 4x4 smoke one after another on 3s, & were constantly being replaced by Traxxas. It took the ESC with it 3 times. I finally went with a Castle system & enjoyed breaking everything on the truck except for that system. Not to mention that the stampede weighs 2+ lbs less than the Typhon, I wouldn't even put it in the 3s buggy let alone the 6s.

I can't image that motor doing anything except cogging then smoking in a full sized 1/8 buggy - if the motor shaft doesn't break first. I had 5 (yeah 5 :rolleyes:) in my stampede 4x4 smoke one after another on 3s, & were constantly being replaced by Traxxas. It took the ESC with it 3 times. I finally went with a Castle system & enjoyed breaking everything on the truck except for that system. Not to mention that the stampede weighs 2+ lbs less than the Typhon, I wouldn't even put it in the 3s buggy let alone the 6s.
Lol I think I’m not putting velineon 3500 in my ride lol castle might be more to my liking

What’s your honest opinion on running mamba 2200 motor and esc for bashing

I will be putting that setup in my Kraton very soon. (2200kv and MM2 esc)

Others have noted that it was getting hot on 6s when going with a 14t pinion or larger and they found it did best with 12t or 13t.
Gearing for 14t or larger would put you in the 60mph + range so it should have plenty of punch and speed with the smaller gearing.

-Liberty

When I smoked the red ESC in my V1 Kraton, I switched to a Castle system, the 1st MM2 & 2200kv. It's still in the car now, but I played around with the blx185 & 2050kv that Arrma sent as a replacement. The Castle is definitely faster & has more torque than the Arrma system. If I had to say whether it was worth the cost of replacement, that would be no. There are several systems that can overpower the car to hell & back for a similar price, like a max6 & a TP4050/4070. I only used the MM2 because I had it on hand. TP has 2200kv versions that can do 8s but are crazy on 4s & 6s with the right pinions.

I will be putting that setup in my Kraton very soon. (2200kv and MM2 esc)

Others have noted that it was getting hot on 6s when going with a 14t pinion or larger and they found it did best with 12t or 13t.
Gearing for 14t or larger would put you in the 60mph + range so it should have plenty of punch and speed with the smaller gearing.

-Liberty
I have a11 12 &13t i May try it

When I smoked the red ESC in my V1 Kraton, I switched to a Castle system, the 1st MM2 & 2200kv. It's still in the car now, but I played around with the blx185 & 2050kv that Arrma sent as a replacement. The Castle is definitely faster & has more torque than the Arrma system. If I had to say whether it was worth the cost of replacement, that would be no. There are several systems that can overpower the car to hell & back for a similar price, like a max6 & a TP4050/4070. I only used the MM2 because I had it on hand. TP has 2200kv versions that can do 8s but are crazy on 4s & 6s with the right pinions.

Agreed the Max6 is a nice compact size and very rugged (electronically) with 8s capability. I have had my share of TP Motors and would go with them over any other choice, but like your scenario I happen to have a MM2 combo sitting on the shelf so I will be starting there...
One thing to always consider is weight. TP motors at least comparing the castle 1515 to the TP 4040, the TP was lighter. Those long cans like the 4070 and especially they CM series get some significant extra weight. Assuming there will be some bashing/jumping you want to avoid extra weight when possible.

-Liberty

hi i run one of them in my losi mini 8ight t

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back