Vendetta Vendetta 100 mph + build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Jennys Rc comes through and along with the massive amounts of 3s parts and mods I have on hand, should have 100 mph once the snow melts.

20211218_081659-01.jpeg

Cant wait.
So far all the reviews of how the car performs are very positive....

Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV
I plan to run the stock tires for a bit, but switch to 17mm hexes and GRP's soon after. It'll have an MMX 8S right from the get go, and I'll play around with motors and gearing for a bit. Gonna be making a lot of custom Mod 1 spools too, so I'll have lots of gearing choices. Should be fun and hopefully easier to keep on the ground then my Granite ever was.

Pointy like that on the front! I’d look for some winter tires. It’s doable.
Learned my lesson last year. Road machines sit cozy this winter and wait for the snow to melt and salt to disappear.

Got started on chassis mods. Everyone be warned! The earlier lwb 3s Typhon, Senton and Big Rock chassis needs holes drilled into the front and rear for the diffuser and splitter to attach. Also, the Vendetta arms do not fit the T3 chassis! The new lwb chassis from Arrma (Vendetta and Infraction Mega)has different spacing for the arms so I had to grind the Venedetta arms to work. Once I got past that, I also did a receiver box delete and ground down the floor of the chassis to allow more space for the Castle MMX8S. Using the M2C Racing 3s motor mount I bought here on the forum. Still haven't decided what motor but there's room for something up to 90mm.
20211218_215735.jpg
20211218_205444.jpg
20211218_215150.jpg
20211218_215444.jpg

Last edited:
Some updates on the build. Went to the LHS yesterday to pick up front steering blocks and rear hubs for the car. Was missing a left front and right rear in my ridiculously large supply of parts. Well, I should have done a test fit before heading out because the Vendetta axles are longer than the other 3s, and use totally different C hubs, steering blocks and rear hubs. New ones ordered from Jennys, but it brought to mind an issue I didn't realize I would have. My plan was to eventually switch to 17 mm hexes using those from the Typhon 3s. They would only work in the stock 3s hubs due to the shorter axles. The Vendetta C hubs look to be lower profile, so I'm pretty sure the regular 3s ones won't fit. I'm sure some aftermarket companies are in a back room somewhere figuring out how they'll take my money when they design the longer axles for the 17mm hexes. That or I'm grinding the sh!t out of some stock blocks to make them fit in the Vendetta. This is going to be a long build.

Foot note: Going with a TP 4050/3200kv motor. It's a 85mm can and I think there's only one with a higher kv, but I'm pretty sure the 3200 will at least be stable.

I hate it when plans go south before you really get going. :banghead: Well, I guess it's good spring is a long ways off. 😛
I'm still okay on the budget side, so as long as this build doesn't surpass a new one. I'll call it a win.

Got started on chassis mods. Everyone be warned! The lwb 3s Typhon, Senton and Big Rock chassis needs holes drilled into the front and rear for the diffuser and splitter to attach. Also, the Vendetta arms do not fit the T3 chassis! The new lwb chassis from Arrma (Vendetta and Infraction Mega)has different spacing for the arms so I had to grind the Venedetta arms to work.
does the chassis that you used is a V3? because they modified it already on version 3 to have the 2 modifications you described.. modified spacing for the arms and they added hols in the front/rear

does the chassis that you used is a V3? because they modified it already on version 3 to have the 2 modifications you described.. modified spacing for the arms and they added hols in the front/rear
I guess mine is older. I had no idea they changed the chassis. Mods done and will work well enough for now

So I decided on the motor for my Vendetta build. 4050/3200kv 6s. Should handle over 75k rpms for short bursts, so with 31/45 gearing, I'll be pulling high 60's. Also have a 38t spool built and ready, so even higher pinion count inevitable.

Screenshot_20220107-111554_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back