Vendetta Vendetta 100 mph + build log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I decided on the motor for my Vendetta build. 4050/3200kv 6s. Should handle over 75k rpms for short bursts, so with 31/45 gearing, I'll be pulling high 60's. AlsoView attachment 190952 have a 38t spool built and ready, so even higher pinion count inevitable.
That’s the one I had in my Typhon 3S GT that did 131mph 🤘🏻🤘🏻👍🏻👍🏻

You remember what pinion/spur combo you ran?
29/29 I believe. I could look back at my video to be sure. But!!! I had my gearing way wrong at that point. I was using a bad calculator that was waaaaaay off. I was way overgeared if you would as me today.

I think you could get into the 130’s and maybe tickle 140’s on 6S 32/50 gearing with the stock sized tires. If you find a way to get GRP sized (98mm) tires under it, you could tickle 150mph.

All of this is assuming you have a lipo capable of pushing enough voltage. I think my SMC 6S pack could do it. It’s massive.

29/29 I believe. I could look back at my video to be sure. But!!! I had my gearing way wrong at that point. I was using a bad calculator that was waaaaaay off. I was way overgeared if you would as me today.

I think you could get into the 130’s and maybe tickle 140’s on 6S 32/50 gearing with the stock sized tires. If you find a way to get GRP sized (98mm) tires under it, you could tickle 150mph.

All of this is assuming you have a lipo capable of pushing enough voltage. I think my SMC 6S pack could do it. It’s massive.
Gonna need a fair amount of trimming to get the GRP in, but it's gonna happen. Typhon axles are shorter so that helps a bit. Gonna start with my 45t spool and try a few combinations with that. I'll never have the best batteries since I'm hooked into gensacearespammers for at least a little while, but my 6s 120C 6200 should at least hold up for most of a first pass.

Gonna need a fair amount of trimming to get the GRP in, but it's gonna happen. Typhon axles are shorter so that helps a bit. Gonna start with my 45t spool and try a few combinations with that. I'll never have the best batteries since I'm hooked into gensacearespammers for at least a little while, but my 6s 120C 6200 should at least hold up for most of a first pass.
If it were me, I would start with 20/45 on 6S and you should hit 100mph out of the gate using GRPs.

A8E55B5E-1D95-4749-835A-ACEA6A96D8CA.png

I wonder why our calculators work out to different numbers?
I’m unsure. What I can say is mine is pretty spot on as long as I factor in about a -1S drop factor. With top of the line packs, I can expect to exceed the -1S offset. I can never fully see the actual cell count calculation, but usually somewhere between the actual cell count and the -1S offset.

So if 5S says 133mph and 6S says 159mph, then I can reasonably expect to see around 140mph and possibly a little more with a really clean pass on an ideal day (80F no wind).

Fitment of the TP 4050/3200 and MMX 8s esc is perfect. Tweaking the spool now and hopefully have some test passes on a good warm, dry day here.
20220119_214431.jpg

Back again for another go. Switching to 17mm hexes this time and grinding out more of the floor for bigger lipos.
20231212_232448.jpg

Is this the same @Notorious J that told me just days ago to stay away from speed running? The same J who is now building a Typhon and Vendetta speed car over again.🤣🤣🤣🤣
It's your fault Mike. When you handed me those tires, it was like giving a drug addict crack. As soon as I touched them, the gears started turning. Worst part, it will probably snow here soon and we won't even get a chance to run.

It's your fault Mike. When you handed me those tires, it was like giving a drug addict crack. As soon as I touched them, the gears started turning. Worst part, it will probably snow here soon and we won't even get a chance to run.
I guess I will need to print you up some snowmobile tracks then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back