Vendetta Vendetta 150+ build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the most recent runs with this car using stock axles, arms, steering linkage I could tell even with the strong servo and deleted servo saver that I needed more to keep the wheels straight.

I could see they were almost rattling as it passed me the last run.

Got the hot racing linkage for the car and also picked up some brand new aluminum arms.

92B5FEFD-250E-462C-8707-4E9BF71E6BEE.jpeg

81083E9B-6B83-43AA-9508-D420EAF5B92D.jpeg
0C9A1071-B9F7-453C-835D-727CDBF7401E.jpeg
CFD22433-C791-4F87-80D8-FEF598259653.jpeg

After I swapped stock turnbuckles over to 6s t-buckles it made a huge difference in tightening everything up.it has typhon arms,an not making near as much power.ive seen the 1/10 go pigeon-toed from torque steer.

View attachment 226664
I have the turnbuckles superglued like crazy so there isn’t any movement. It actually works pretty well, fills in any voids, once it dries I crack it loose for steering movement but the upper suspension arms they are just glued solid

I will be getting my Vendetta today, am excited, but probably not as much as when I open it. I will be reading the whole thread before I start building, the goal for the car is going to be low cell runs and will probably be no more than 4S. What TP 4050 (or if there is a different can that will fit I should get) do you think I should get, I'm going to run a MMX8S?

Last edited:
I will be getting my Vendetta today, am excited, but probably not as much as when I open it. I will be reading the whole thread before I start building, the goal for the car is going to be low cell runs and will probably be no more than 4S. What TP 4050 (or if there is a different can that will fit I should get) do you think I should get, I'm going to run a MMX8S?

I was able to put a TP4070 in it. So there’s definitely space

On that note would TP 4070-CM 3200KV (4-5S) be a good one?
Or should I go crazy with TP 4070-SCM (5900KV, 3S-4S)?
Or I could go cheap with a 4060 2Y (2620kv 19v+)

I had an SCM and it wasn’t my cup of tea.. I’m not sure the plastic diff housing would like all the RPMs.

I’d go with the smallest, most powerful motor that’ll get you to your goals. Save weight

Before you choose your kv, I’d find out what’s minimum and max teeth of gearing you can run. That way you’ll be within your given range. You’ll probably wanna do the mod1 gearing more too

Last edited:
Seen a few people mention the SCM didn't perform as expected. I'd stick with the regular CM motor. The CM 3200kv is what I have been using all summer and does excellent on 3s and 4s. Should be capable of nearing 150 mph on 4s.

Regular 4050/60/70 or cm are best options.
Figure out your speed goal and I can give you a couple options.

I am going to try and set the car up and run it before the weather dose not let me, I will run it on a 6S Spektrum combo with a S652 18KG servo hoping for 80+ on 4S and then over the winter I will put my spending money towards it to get an ESC and motor (MMX8S and a TP). The speeds I would like to get are: 2S 100mph+ 3S 120mph+ 4S 140mph+.

I am going to try and set the car up and run it before the weather dose not let me, I will run it on a 6S Spektrum combo with a S652 18KG servo hoping for 80+ on 4S and then over the winter I will put my spending money towards it to get an ESC and motor (MMX8S and a TP). The speeds I would like to get are: 2S 100mph+ 3S 120mph+ 4S 140mph+.
Tp4050 3840 is a good option,
Tp4050cm 3800kv
I was using 4050cm 3200kv in this car but it is meant for 6s, still did 129 on 4s but couldn’t get much more aggressive with the gearing

Next car on the workbench to get reassembled is this vendetta although it’ll no longer be a stock body car any longer. It will run my 4070svm motor/8s and the WR body for the vendetta.
CCC8DBB4-9C75-4545-BF63-83C14EBA5EAA.jpeg

Size comparison between the bodies
E201B561-1576-42D0-953B-CE5B4CDB4230.jpeg

Daaaamn, I really like that! Very cool design. Looking forward to seeing your build!
Not much changing on this car except the motor. Will be putting in a 4070 motor instead of the 4060cm I had in there before.
Only other change I want to swap out the rear shocks for tie rods to test that setup

View attachment 257840
Finished up the vendetta body design, just need to add a black backing coat to it. Time to start working on the car
I hope you can see it down the road, you might have to use a flashing light.
I do like the paint job, it is very interesting, and I have not seen one like this.

Only other change I want to swap out the rear shocks for tie rods to test that setup
I’ve heard both ways on this. First I heard to do the rear tie rods to eliminate the possibility of the rear squatting too much so the front lifts and you have a blow over. I’ve seen @K-BASH using tie rods in the front as well. Let us know what you experience!

I’ve heard both ways on this. First I heard to do the rear tie rods to eliminate the possibility of the rear squatting too much so the front lifts and you have a blow over. I’ve seen @K-BASH using tie rods in the front as well. Let us know what you experience!
I used tie rods on my dual motor build and it worked. But that car was heavy. These are so light I think it does better. The rear of this car is basically solid right now, I glued the shocks, running tie rods will clean it up and lose a few grams
I hope you can see it down the road, you might have to use a flashing light.
I do like the paint job, it is very interesting, and I have not seen one like this.
On my road darker colors seem to be better.
My gold limitless body i had to paint the front black, same with my hobao body, had to color the front blue over the gold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back