Vendetta Vendetta 150+ build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, that looks really nice! Please post a pic after the black backing.
I will. Basically it just darkens the blue a little bit, hopefully to match the original vendetta body a little closer.

Love the paint job @vwturbowolf
I concur sometimes darker colors work or contrasting 2 colors for these asphalt roads.

On a side note....
What is the toe angle like on these rigs compared to our 1/7 car cars?
This seems excessive:

1669145803749.png

Little close up action shot
Love the paint job @vwturbowolf
I concur sometimes darker colors work or contrasting 2 colors for these asphalt roads.

On a side note....
What is the toe angle like on these rigs compared to our 1/7 car cars?
This seems excessive:

View attachment 257862
Excessive yes. Modified the aluminum arms and rear end on my carbon body vendetta to lessen this angle as much as I could.
This vendetta will do similar.

When talking about toe with these cars, the adjustment to get zero toe is less then 2mm of adjustment, so I did this with my carbon body vendetta and wanted to show the difference with this vendetta as well, now that one side is done you can see the difference. The aluminum arm sits closer to center in the rear.
5805B353-B066-42D6-8B9E-E52864601470.jpeg

A00AD619-83A7-4422-A694-8EB7EB5DEC82.jpeg

I usually don’t hide too much of what I do, you guys know that.
This mod I did to my carbon vendetta right before I went 160+ with it and I feel it made a huge difference with stability thru the entire range, if you guys want to do this I can explain it, but it’s really just creating adjustment where you need it and finding a way to lock it in place.
0DB11864-026D-45C4-94F2-BBFBDEFED38D.jpeg

0631A3C1-E8FA-4B66-86EF-CA12700D7C5F.jpeg

When talking about toe with these cars, the adjustment to get zero toe is less then 2mm of adjustment, so I did this with my carbon body vendetta and wanted to show the difference with this vendetta as well, now that one side is done you can see the difference. The aluminum arm sits closer to center in the rear.
View attachment 258034

View attachment 258033
I usually don’t hide too much of what I do, you guys know that.
This mod I did to my carbon vendetta right before I went 160+ with it and I feel it made a huge difference with stability thru the entire range, if you guys want to do this I can explain it, but it’s really just creating adjustment where you need it and finding a way to lock it in place.
View attachment 258035
View attachment 258036
So, is the aluminum arm the way to take some of the toe out?
Why would less toe make the car more stable, is it less scraping on the rear tires?
I do not understand tire angles in the form about helping you run, as much as I would like. Would you be willing to fill me in or send a link to a good post about it?

So, is the aluminum arm the way to take some of the toe out?
Why would less toe make the car more stable, is it less scraping on the rear tires?
I do not understand tire angles in the form about helping you run, as much as I would like. Would you be willing to fill me in or send a link to a good post about it?
The aluminum arms keep from flexing under load, we can’t really simulate that on the bench to know what changes with the plastic arms
So with aluminum arms the way you set the suspension makes it more so locked in that position.

With rear toe a small amount of toe in can help stability, for example on the limitless most guys run plastic rear arms and leave the stock toe in so that under load with flex more then likely toe becomes zero,
If you run a zero toe plate with plastic arms under load you end with toe out which steers the car all over the place, I’ve seen people do this and crash.
Put aluminum arms and zero toe, then what you set on the bench is what you get on the road with torque on the wheels.

So now on my vendetta I have the toe set to 0 and the arms will keep any flex from changing that.

And these cars do tear the rear tires like crazy. You can really see it with the foam after your runs

The aluminum arms keep from flexing under load, we can’t really simulate that on the bench to know what changes with the plastic arms
So with aluminum arms the way you set the suspension makes it more so locked in that position.

With rear toe a small amount of toe in can help stability, for example on the limitless most guys run plastic rear arms and leave the stock toe in so that under load with flex more then likely toe becomes zero,
If you run a zero toe plate with plastic arms under load you end with toe out which steers the car all over the place, I’ve seen people do this and crash.
Put aluminum arms and zero toe, then what you set on the bench is what you get on the road with torque on the wheels.

So now on my vendetta I have the toe set to 0 and the arms will keep any flex from changing that.

And these cars do tear the rear tires like crazy. You can really see it with the foam after your runs
Would you say that the aluminum arms are worth the investment?
Also how do I set it to 0 toe?

Would you say that the aluminum arms are worth the investment?
Also how do I set it to 0 toe?
It’s my preference to build my cars a certain way. There’s nothing wrong with you running the car exactly how it comes to dial it in. Remember I’m trying to push these cars way past the limit they are meant for.

View attachment 258080
Here’s the completed piece,
It was made by using 2- 2mm carbon sheets. The inner piece holds the pins at the new toe angle and the chassis is modified to allow the pins to move to their new location
@K-BASH is to 140mph with the stock arm set up so I think I will have no problems.

6BD4251A-5445-4979-A1A0-5AF2F9F06168.jpeg
BB478EFA-26C1-4B7C-BF11-9A1CA91F8D01.jpeg

Was debating between the 4070scm I still have and the 4070svm for this car but went with the svm motor for now.
I think I’ll assemble an extra motor module and spool for the scm and possibly try that motor at some point.

7AE7C26C-C1F6-4E8B-88DA-BBE4D50495C9.jpeg

Ended up using some of the stock vte2 battery trays mounted to the carbon fiber sheet I have bolt under the chassis. Really clean final layout on this one,
Just have to finalized mounting of the esc

Really getting close to this car being perfect to my liking.
Today I decided to redo the front end,
New tie rods,
Flipped the knuckles side to side since the front end is lowered the tie rods had a lot of angle and were binding slightly,
Got steering very smooth now,
Redid the front shocks
Replaced lower arms with aluminum

Probably spent two hours getting this stuff sorted and at least 30 minutes getting the camber and toe set
77A96491-5E7A-4076-87DE-6DD07A401D88.jpeg

CBFBEF53-11FD-43E4-8CA2-6A6B5ED90154.jpeg
E722B5E5-2BF0-4B6A-90BA-7E07FF9234F6.jpeg

Got the updated version of the hot racing driveshaft. I wish the inside tolerance of the two parts was a little tighter but I’ll give it a go.
Should have less wobble then their first version
0EDB389F-4CA1-4E8D-9A2C-EB87619BF4CF.jpeg
38667855-9B15-4A6A-99D9-7AC6089F38F7.jpeg
1DC053BE-7C88-4C5C-BAEE-8E481B391BED.jpeg

Last edited:
Just updating this thread with current season runs.
Couple of 120 passes trying to get the car to run straight.
Had to add a bit of rear downforce which made a huge difference. The next pass was 160.
About a week later I ram it again but was a little too aggressive on the throttle and the car went airborne.
New wings came yesterday so should be able to test again soon

FBFD3AB0-A278-4FB3-9827-B4170DF78166.jpeg

Still destroying spools sadly. I’m going to try and fit a bearing around the end of the spool to see if it helps remove any vibration that may be at the input gear there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back