Vendetta Vendetta a good street all rounder, or just a speed runner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chocwheaton

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all,

I want to take my first step into on road cars, and get something bigger than a 1/10th size that is an all rounder, but does not need to be the best at any one thing. I'll use it for general car park fun like making up my own race track and timing laps, doing some power sliding around corners, plus the occasional non-measured speed run.

I have lots of medium to large carparks with with good quality surface in my area.

Cars I'm considering are:
  1. Arrma vendetta 1/8
  2. Kyosho inferno gp2 - https://www.kyoshoamerica.com/34109-inferno-gt2-ve-2020-mercedes-amg-gt3-race-spec.html
  3. HPI WR8 Flux - https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/160217
  4. 1/7 infraction
The vendetta is on the top of my list, due to price and decent parts availability in Australia. I'm just not sure if its an all rounder on road, or just a straight line speed runner.

The Kyosho and HPI I know are decent all rounders, with the HPI also able to do some light hard packed off road.

The 1/7 infraction would be awesome, but I can't afford/justify the cost of replacing tyres!

FYI I already have a Kraton 6S v5, a tekno ET410, and a Team Associated Rival MT10 for other types of driving.

Seems you are well rounded with the rigs you already have. My Tekno MT410 is awesome.
I feel you will probably go through Vendetta tires just as fast as the Infr. with just drifting around at the park.
Dedicate straight line speed running usually gets more life out of the tires. Whatever the rig. And there aren't many tire choices with the Vendetta??:unsure:I never considered the Vendetta a true 1/8 rig. One caveat there.
Being an Aussie, Kyosho GP2 sounds about right. Parts may be easier to get.
I know parts for Kyosho can be hard to source here in the states.
Kyosho is good stuff.

Thanks for the comments. From what I've been told from a number of hobby shops in my area, and other parts of Australia, Kyosho and HPI parts support can be patchy, but Arrma is definitely better.

Does anyone know if the vendetta does handle ok for general touring car and drifting style driving?

If I took support and parts out of the picture, I'd get the Kyosho.

Cheers
To me, an all around car that could be a fun drifter is taking a Typhon 6s or TLRT and throwing a set of Hoons on it. All road cars just don’t have the ground clearance and you really need a smooth lot to run on.
Hmmmm good point. I'll think about this some more.

I really wanted something that looks like a car this time. None of my other cars look anything like a real vehicle.
To me, an all around car that could be a fun drifter is taking a Typhon 6s or TLRT and throwing a set of Hoons on it. All road cars just don’t have the ground clearance and you really need a smooth lot to run on.
The car parks in my area a pretty new and have a very good quality surface. I did a scouting session last week to see what I could find within 15 minutes drive of my house, and there's 2 big sporting facilities with very nice carparks, and they are empty during the week. I tend to take my rc's for a drive in my lunch breaks as I work from home most week days.

The Vendetta is great at straight line runs and drifting. Just depends on surface conditions.
Smooth asphalt or concrete surfaces are the best. Anything bumpy and it will be hard to handle. It's not heavy enough to keep it from bouncing and losing contact with the road.
I love running mine on basketball courts and parking lots. Tires wear pretty quick, so have spares handy or buy a better set.

+1 for a Typhon 6s.
With the Infraction/Limitless towers and shocks it makes for a very nimble/fast parking lot car.

Typhon setup Capture.JPG

+1 for a Typhon 6s.
With the Infraction/Limitless towers and shocks it makes for a very nimble/fast parking lot car.

View attachment 209245
May be nice, but by the time you do all this, plus new body and mounts, you are at $700-$800? OP already said RTR Infraction was more than he wanted to spend.

Vendetta will be fine so long as you don't plan on doing real racing. Think of it more like your RivalMT10 and less like the MT410, but for on-road. Not much real adjustment, just a simple platform to go bash. If tweaking and tuning gets you excited (MT410), you probably won't like it, but if you just want it to be "good enough" to go have fun driving (MT10), it will do fine.

May be nice, but by the time you do all this, plus new body and mounts, you are at $700-$800? OP already said RTR Infraction was more than he wanted to spend.

Vendetta will be fine so long as you don't plan on doing real racing. Think of it more like your RivalMT10 and less like the MT410, but for on-road. Not much real adjustment, just a simple platform to go bash. If tweaking and tuning gets you excited (MT410), you probably won't like it, but if you just want it to be "good enough" to go have fun driving (MT10), it will do fine.

That typhon 6s I posted a picture of I had picked up used locally for $230 and it came with some GRP tires ;)
There are deals out there if you are patient.

I stand by the 6s line and will not be buying plastic chassis RC cars due to past experiences.

That typhon 6s I posted a picture of I had picked up used locally for $230 and it came with some GRP tires ;)
There are deals out there if you are patient.

I stand by the 6s line and will not be buying plastic chassis RC cars due to past experiences.
Plus you speed run, so probably have a parts bin full of Infraction/limitless parts.

I have 6s and 3s cars, they both have their places, IMHO. For racing and speed running, I agree the 6s chassis is better. But for just "I want to have fun bashing" the 3s platform is great, and battery cost is half, for only a small hit in speed (assuming RTR running gear).

Own the Vendetta and Typhon tlr . Vendetta is fun for bashing but it is low to the ground and will bottom out. The Typhon is versatile off road and will handle so much better, and swap to street tires and it is a parking lot basher. That being said I still like both.

Plus you speed run, so probably have a parts bin full of Infraction/limitless parts.

I have 6s and 3s cars, they both have their places, IMHO. For racing and speed running, I agree the 6s chassis is better. But for just "I want to have fun bashing" the 3s platform is great, and battery cost is half, for only a small hit in speed (assuming RTR running gear).

I just have an issue with the slipper designs and overall feel of plastic RC cars.
The best part of this hobby is that everyone enjoys it in a different way. It would be so boring if we all liked and did things exactly the same.

Almost forgot the Vendetta tire wear is less. I get about 12 bashing sessions. They will go bald and will still last a few more sessions.

I will never own those tires, I saw them awhile back 80.00 four tires. That's the same as felony OEM tires cost. 🤬 Seriously these can't cost more then 5.00 to make a set of four imo.

You are getting more bang for the buck with Delta. Big size difference between 1/8 and 1/7 bodies.
Proline is probably using same thickness as their 1/10 scale bodies. As usual. Licensing cost much also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back