Vendetta Vendetta a good street all rounder, or just a speed runner?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are getting more bang for the buck with Delta. Big size difference between 1/8 and 1/7 bodies.
Proline is probably using same thickness as their 1/10 scale bodies. As usual. Licensing cost much also.
The looks of proline is always very nice.

It certainly depends on the intended use of the car. Proline bodies wont go over 90mph without some reinforcement.
But they are lighter and that is beneficial when looking at lower speed handling and center of gravity/body roll.

True at lower speeds , less body buffeting and flex. I feel more so with 1/10 scale. With 1/8, a little more heft in body weight is inconsequential. And more benefitial. Being Stiffer. More rigid. 1/8 scale on road platform should be able to do 100+mph IMHO, without body limtitations.

Update for you Vendetta guys...

Proline now has a new body and wheels specifically for the Vendetta.
A Tad bit overpriced considering it's 1/8 scale IMHO. At 1/7 prices.... :cry: Like many PL products.
HH owns PL now.
At least HH has more options now.

https://www.prolineracing.com/search?q=vendetta&search-button=&lang=default
Nice thanks for that. That Mustang body does look real good, and once the standard Vendetta body is damaged beyond repair, I'd definitely go to the Mustang.

I will try to see if those proline tyres/wheels are available in Australia. I'm keen to buy the Vendetta, but the last hurdle is that in Australia, I cannot find anywhere to get replacement tyres. I can't even find the Arrma Elevens online anywhere in Australia.

I assume they are out there, but Google is not finding them for me.
Can't find those proline bodies here in Australia either. And its approx 120 Aussie smackers to get one from America. Ouch.

^^^
If you did not buy the Vendetta already, I would buy the Lim. Roller at $400. USD and build it up. There are cheap electrics available if your budget is tight. I feel the Limitless is more well supported. Even tires may be cheaper for the Lim. And many upgrade brands support it that may be available where you live. Best bang for the buck overall IMHO. Might have better luck with this one. Depends on your wallet though and experience. But at least parts will be easier to get In Australia??:unsure: There is nothing worse than having an RC rig with frequently needed poor parts support. The Lim is also way more tunable for On road use.
Just some ideas if you want an Arrma On road rig.

Edit....There are many bodies available for the Limitless chassis. Delta Plastics has many also.

Last edited:
^^^
If you did not buy the Vendetta already, I would buy the Lim. Roller at $400. USD and build it up. There are cheap electrics available if your budget is tight. I feel the Limitless is more well supported. Even tires may be cheaper for the Lim. And many upgrade brands support it that may be available where you live. Best bang for the buck overall IMHO. Might have better luck with this one. Depends on your wallet though and experience. But at least parts will be easier to get In Australia??:unsure: There is nothing worse than having an RC rig with frequently needed poor parts support. The Lim is also way more tunable for On road use.
Just some ideas if you want an Arrma On road rig.

Edit....There are many bodies available for the Limitless chassis. Delta Plastics has many also.
Thanks for that suggestion. I'll do some investigation. I haven't look too much at the limitless. I assumed it was purely a speed runner, and not a general car park racer and road fun machine.

I do recall Aussie RC playground doing a few versions of a build, and one was budget friendly.

The Limitless has limitless uses/purposes. Speed running/Bash/Drift or Drag. Like with any other RC, setup is what matters.
Swapping the stock Locked Spool with a Center diff and altering the pinion size will be the main change out for driving the way you want.
You can always put on a GT body as well.
At $400., is the best bang for the buck, hands down, IMHO, of all the Arrma rigs out there.
Arrma is still selling it at it's original price since its introduction. Never was raised.

Last edited:
The Limitless has limitless uses/purposes. Speed running/Bash/Drift or Drag. Like with any other RC, setup is what matters.
Swapping the stock Locked Spool with a Center diff and altering the pinion size will be the main change out for driving the way you want.
You can always put on a GT body as well.
At $400., is the best bang for the buck, hands down, IMHO, of all the Arrma rigs out there.
Arrma is still selling it at it's original price since its introduction. Never was raised.
No limitless'es available in Australia at present

So, after all the good advice, I've bought an infraction roller for a good price (50% of the cars retail price).

I've just put in my kraton electrics since I'm not driving the Kraton too much atm, and will get other electrics in the next few months once I decide what to get.

I've ordered a bittydesigns seven65 body so it'll have the realistic GT car look I was after.

Now I just have a problem with the hoons on the car, and also the extra 4 I bought: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/infraction-dboots-hoons-are-warped.50681/

I've been thinking about getting a Vendetta recently. The comments in here about getting a Typhon and putting some onroad tyres on it makes a fair bit of sense for a multi purpose rig. I have been bashing with a mates Typhon 3S and it goes pretty well for on the flat stuff with some Hoons bolted on and it deals with patchy surfaces much better than the Vendetta would.
I think this thread just changed my choice from a Vendetta to a Typhon 3S. (y)

Wondering what everyone thinks about the 1/8 Typhon 6s V5 BLX with Spectrum Firma RTR. Part number is ARRMA - ARA8606V5?

I'm new to the hobby but do have the Vendetta already and looking for my 2nd car. Thinking the same as the original poster and want to get something a little more off the ground to use in the street out front and on the drive and grass.

Not experienced enough yet to build a Typhon TLR Roller. Am looking forward to the day though!!!

Or how about the new Typhon TLR 6s part # ARRMA - ARA8406. It be another $130 but if its worth it I don't mind.

Being new any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Wondering what everyone thinks about the 1/8 Typhon 6s V5 BLX with Spectrum Firma RTR. Part number is ARRMA - ARA8606V5?

I'm new to the hobby but do have the Vendetta already and looking for my 2nd car. Thinking the same as the original poster and want to get something a little more off the ground to use in the street out front and on the drive and grass.

Not experienced enough yet to build a Typhon TLR Roller. Am looking forward to the day though!!!

Or how about the new Typhon TLR 6s part # ARRMA - ARA8406. It be another $130 but if its worth it I don't mind.

Thank you

For 130.00 it is worth it to but the electronics seperate is far more. 6s is plenty of power and off road I run mine on 4s. Just had my Tlr out 2 hours ago on the street swapped to grp's.

Thank you

Typhon 6s rtr was my 1st 6s vehicle & I'm impressed with it every time I drive it to be honest. You just can do ANYTHING w/ the platform. Big tires, street tires, knobby buggy tires etc & it performs beautifully on each. I love em so much now I have 3!!! One truggified, one for speedrunning & my newest I've been using for both on road & off road. Fast, versatile, nimble & super easy to alter them to suit your driving preferences & terrain. Just my opinion, may be a little bit biased!😆👍

20220911_164422.jpg

For 130.00 it is worth it to but the electronics seperate is far more. 6s is plenty of power and off road I run mine on 4s. Just had my Tlr out 2 hours ago on the street swapped to grp's.
The new Typhon TLR their coming out with tomorrow has all the electronics for $629. As I understand it you can only use a 4s or 6s battery. In other words - you cannot use 2 - 2s or 2 - 3s batteries. Only have 3s batteries now so that would add some expense to the purchase.
So I'm wondering if the Typhon 6s for $499 which can use 2 - 2s or 3s batteries would be good choice. This Typhon isn't a TLR though and probably doesn't have as many upgrades.
Good point on running on 4s in dirt!
For reference, prices given are from the Horizon Hobby website.
Any more suggestions on above would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks for your help Boggs3010
Typhon 6s rtr was my 1st 6s vehicle & I'm impressed with it every time I drive it to be honest. You just can do ANYTHING w/ the platform. Big tires, street tires, knobby buggy tires etc & it performs beautifully on each. I love em so much now I have 3!!! One truggified, one for speedrunning & my newest I've been using for both on road & off road. Fast, versatile, nimble & super easy to alter them to suit your driving preferences & terrain. Just my opinion, may be a little bit biased!😆👍

View attachment 249852
That's a really nice collection. Really like the yellow one. Being retired and old I guess I'm finding it hard to see my blue Vendetta. Though I really like the Vendetta - had I know how it bottoms out on uneven roads - I may not have gotten it.
Im seeing now with your input and Boggs3010's the Typhon would be a good choice.
Need to figure out if it's worth getting the new 6s Typhon TLR @ $629 that comes out tomorrow or if I should just go with the 6s Typhon @ $499 that doesn't have all the upgrades.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks for your input and quick response!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back