Vendetta Vendetta ESC Overheating

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christikfa

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

The last few times ive taken the vendetta out the ESC has been overheating every 5-10 minutes out on track, Temps outside have been around the 91-95 degrees mark. The only change thats been made is 17mm adapters and using GRP tires. Leaning toward a new esc but before I do so just wanted to see if anyone has overcome this without needing a new ESC.

Depends on your driving style.
And,
Bigger tires will put more load on the electronics..

Make sure your ESC's Fan is not jammed or something stuck in there, to slow down the RPMs.

Perhaps try to gear down your pinion by a tooth or two.

Let us know what you find out.

Hi All,

The last few times ive taken the vendetta out the ESC has been overheating every 5-10 minutes out on track, Temps outside have been around the 91-95 degrees mark. The only change thats been made is 17mm adapters and using GRP tires. Leaning toward a new esc but before I do so just wanted to see if anyone has overcome this without needing a new ESC.
So it just started happening? Was it fine more than a few runs ago? Have you made any other changes besides the tires or did issues start after changing them. How about routine maintenance…are bearings good? Are the motor bearings okay? If any bearings are going out they could be causing additional load. Is the mesh okay and not too tight? Stock pinion or did you go up in size? Mid 90s is getting up there also, was it cooler when it ran fine? You may need to let it cool off more often and/or put in a more powerful fan (25mm rocket fan should fit, I think).

There’s many things to consider besides the esc. If it’s all stock besides tires and all the above are ok, put the stock tires back on and see if issues persist. You may need to gear down a tooth on the pinion with the new, bigger tires. It also my be time for a rebuild… replace all bearings, clean well and check parts for wear.

Last edited:
I would also suggest lowering the timing on your esc, if that option is available. Not too familiar w/ the 3s line but the stock timing on the 6s line is too high in my opinion
🤔 it has the 100a spectrum smart esc so may have that option. I forget lol.

It only started happening after I put the GRP tires on, I have only had it for 2 months. Nah the fans are all working good I've double-checked them. It really only happens if its warm weather but I was hoping it would not happen as often as it is. Thanks for all the input, I think I'm just going to grab a 150a ESC and be done with it.

Side note, I'm looking at getting some new springs for the Yeah racing 70MM DAMPER shocks as the hard springs that come in the pack are not stiff enough. I'm having some trouble finding some springs that are stiffer than standard which as per arrma is 9.4lbs/in. This might be a stupid question but does the height make any difference to the spring rate, If I'm using a 70mm spring and its 7.9lbs/in compared to the standard 49mm 9.4lbs/in which one is stiffer?

It only started happening after I put the GRP tires on, I have only had it for 2 months. Nah the fans are all working good I've double-checked them. It really only happens if its warm weather but I was hoping it would not happen as often as it is. Thanks for all the input, I think I'm just going to grab a 150a ESC and be done with it.

Side note, I'm looking at getting some new springs for the Yeah racing 70MM DAMPER shocks as the hard springs that come in the pack are not stiff enough. I'm having some trouble finding some springs that are stiffer than standard which as per arrma is 9.4lbs/in. This might be a stupid question but does the height make any difference to the spring rate, If I'm using a 70mm spring and its 7.9lbs/in compared to the standard 49mm 9.4lbs/in which one is stiffer?
I am not familiar with yeah racing shocks and I’m not sure about the comparison. I have a 3s infraction and if I was going to upgrade the shocks, I would go with one’s from the 6s Arrma Road car line. So if you don’t have any luck with finding springs that work, you might want to check those out.

Thanks heaps for that, Are you referring to these https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...ampers-springs-limitless-infraction-ara7617v2 ? Also do these fit straight up to a vendetta
Yup! I have 6S springs on all my off-road bashers, but I’ve never tried the on Road ones. I know other people have, but I don’t have any experience with them myself. I still have stock shocks on my 3s infraction actually. So do a bit of research and make sure that they will work on your car before buying them, because I know they’re a bit pricey. Maybe post a general question about them so you can get some feedback.

This is all got me wondering about them now lol. I don’t get my road car out as much my bashers… but maybe I should more 🤔

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back