Vendetta Vendetta handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windays

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Outcast 8s
  3. Vendetta
The Vendetta tends to slide around allot and I was wondering if there was any way to get it to hold the road better. Ballast weights, suspension tuning or tires. I noticed there's not much suspension tuning that can be done on the platform. I can't see where to adjust droop at all and there's 4 holes for camber adjustment but there is no real fine tuning or toe adjustment that I've seen. I do have some dboots Hoons gold coming just to try since their dirt cheap on sale right now.

I'm gonna try these hoons dboots. I like the ones that come on the felony. Maybe cause it's a heavier car but it doesn't slide unless I intend it to. I'll look at others but I know because of the rear diff in the felony I'm stuck with hoons.

Vendetta has 14mm hex and grp are 17mm. It's there an adapter or something to get them to fit?

Vendetta has 14mm hex and grp are 17mm. It's there an adapter or something to get them to fit?
Plenty of options...

Screenshot_20220625-180743_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220625-181008_eBay.jpg

I saw you can change those out, I didn't know that. I was looking around at different tires and I noticed proline make a set for both the Vendetta and the Felony. They're a bit pricey but didn't know if anyone had any experience. Also they have top speed warnings on them I saw. If it's not too tough though I might just swap out the hubs.

I saw you can change those out, I didn't know that. I was looking around at different tires and I noticed proline make a set for both the Vendetta and the Felony. They're a bit pricey but didn't know if anyone had any experience. Also they have top speed warnings on them I saw. If it's not too tough though I might just swap out the hubs.
Your best option is to change rear diff to gp5..then ya have equal diffs to get away from The hoon debocal..hoons don't even come close to the much cheaper grps

Your best option is to change rear diff to gp5..then ya have equal diffs to get away from The hoon debocal..hoons don't even come close to the much cheaper grps
Once I run through all the Hoons I bought on sale for it I might. Honestly suspension tuning took most of the drifting out of that car. Vendetta doesn't have much in the way of tuning though. My only option for that is tires so I will probably swap hexes out.

I built a swb typhon thats super light with a huge system.probly the most insane car I've built,even on 4s...started car on hoons...was good upto 90mph then they Ballon an caused car to get loose..switched to grps an car was completely different..more stable an controllable.

20220418_194621.jpg

I've gotten my felony over 120 and beyond 100 it gets squirrelly if you turn at all. Straight line though it feels fine and grips fine. I think if I ran it as a basher I would want better gripping tires though.

Hoons get sketchy.blew 2 107mm hoons a 116mph last years.belts where hangout of 1 an other broke belt an was all outa wack like a 1to 1 tire when belt breaks.if using radiolink turning steering speed down will help the squirrellyness over 100mph

Just use a spektrum dx5 rugged right now. These are the original white hoons that came with the felony and they're still hanging in there. Then I have three sets of gold gonna for it then I'll probably diff swap so I can run whatever.

The Vendetta tends to slide around allot and I was wondering if there was any way to get it to hold the road better. Ballast weights, suspension tuning or tires. I noticed there's not much suspension tuning that can be done on the platform. I can't see where to adjust droop at all and there's 4 holes for camber adjustment but there is no real fine tuning or toe adjustment that I've seen. I do have some dboots Hoons gold coming just to try since their dirt cheap on sale right now.
The link rods are adjustable. Promise! They just don't look like it. Pull one off and twist it. You'll see what I mean. They are threaded for sure. I was able to set toe and camber to my satisfaction. They don't have droop screws stock, and there isn't much of a good way to DIY a conventional droop screw using the arms. The best method is to fuel tube the shock rod internally. You want to set a pretty steep rake. Face down ass up. Once you get the tires touching the ground squarely (camber), and pointed in the right direction (toe), you'll be pleased. Set the car on the edge of the desk table so you can look right up her ass. Put your finger right in the CENTER and slowly lift until you see one of the tires lift off the table. If they both lift off at the same time, weight distribution is good. If not, stiffen up the OPPOSITE side FRONT shock until they both lift at the same time. Spin the car around and do the same to the FRONT of the car. Lift from the center and see which tire leaves the table first. You can see how far off the weight distribution is by lifting more from the passenger side, or more from the driver side. The farther you are from center when your lifting, the worse the weight distribution is. Adjust REAR shocks in this same fashion until both FRONT tires lift off the table when raised from the center of the vehicle. I noticed that now, above 50mph, given everything is adjusted correctly, she shoots straight enough that you don't need to steer. Aerodynamics take over and she shoots straight as an arrow. Let us know how it goes,

The link rods are adjustable. Promise! They just don't look like it. Pull one off and twist it. You'll see what I mean. They are threaded for sure. I was able to set toe and camber to my satisfaction. They don't have droop screws stock, and there isn't much of a good way to DIY a conventional droop screw using the arms. The best method is to fuel tube the shock rod internally. You want to set a pretty steep rake. Face down ass up. Once you get the tires touching the ground squarely (camber), and pointed in the right direction (toe), you'll be pleased. Set the car on the edge of the desk table so you can look right up her ass. Put your finger right in the CENTER and slowly lift until you see one of the tires lift off the table. If they both lift off at the same time, weight distribution is good. If not, stiffen up the OPPOSITE side FRONT shock until they both lift at the same time. Spin the car around and do the same to the FRONT of the car. Lift from the center and see which tire leaves the table first. You can see how far off the weight distribution is by lifting more from the passenger side, or more from the driver side. The farther you are from center when your lifting, the worse the weight distribution is. Adjust REAR shocks in this same fashion until both FRONT tires lift off the table when raised from the center of the vehicle. I noticed that now, above 50mph, given everything is adjusted correctly, she shoots straight enough that you don't need to steer. Aerodynamics take over and she shoots straight as an arrow. Let us know how it goes,
Interesting. I had figured out the links are adjustable but have been struggling with getting all four corners properly planted. I’ll try your suggestions. One quick clarification. When you say pick it up from the center you mean the center of the front or rear or the center of the car itself?

Center of the front or rear. So set it on the end of a table. And then get on your knees so your eyes are level with the car and you can see the contact patch of the wheels hitting the table. Lift up on the center of the 'bumper' per se,

Ballast weights, suspension tuning or tires...... Tune it as best you can. Just that it is very Limited at its Pricepoint. And maybe you have outgrown it already.:unsure: It is just a transitional rig to the 1/7 scale line.
You paid for what you got in that 4x4 platform. There is No Droop screws. Is what it is. Don't $invest$ much more into it. Not practical IMHO.
Enjoy it for what it is. Drive as is. The Cross Weight bias is probably all jacked up..... Needs to be 50/50. ( with it's full running weight)
Hoons are for the 1/7 rigs. Vendetta is NOT 1/7 scale.
I think its time to move up to a Limitless. $400. Roller. You will have all the tunability needed on this platform. And Way Much better supported.
Hang with the big guns now.
My spin.:cool:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back