Vendetta Vendetta handling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you both! I’ll watch that whole series of his. I enjoy watching Raz but this was before I became a fan.
That series is a great speed running primer. Time well spent bro :)

That series is a great speed running primer. Time well spent bro :)
I’ve been watching everything he’s put out but only for the last six months or so. I think that’s exactly what got me interested in speed running to begin with. Not that I consider what I m trying to do actual speed running. It’s more like speed…loping 😐

The Vendetta tends to slide around allot and I was wondering if there was any way to get it to hold the road better. Ballast weights, suspension tuning or tires. I noticed there's not much suspension tuning that can be done on the platform. I can't see where to adjust droop at all and there's 4 holes for camber adjustment but there is no real fine tuning or toe adjustment that I've seen. I do have some dboots Hoons gold coming just to try since their dirt cheap on sale right now.
Is yours stock? Mine is stock and it handles great, well planted and predictable. There are no droop screws but you can add spacers to the internal side of the shock shafts to limit droop. Those four holes are for adjusting roll center. Do a google search on how it works, but really just tune and test to get a feel for it. I haven't adjusted roll center on the vendetta but I have on other cars and it makes a noticeable difference in handling. Use the shock collars to set the ride height you like, the lowest your surface allows. You can also try changing shock fluid weight to change the dampening. Find a tire that you like and adjust the suspension to that tire.

Don't listen to people that tell you the 3s line is just a transitional line. Sometimes you just want to rip a smaller car. I like my 6s infraction and 8s kraton a lot. But sometimes I'm driving in a smaller lot or I don't want to lug around a heavy car and charge twice the amount of batteries.

Last edited:
The link rods are adjustable. Promise! They just don't look like it. Pull one off and twist it. You'll see what I mean. They are threaded for sure. I was able to set toe and camber to my satisfaction. They don't have droop screws stock, and there isn't much of a good way to DIY a conventional droop screw using the arms. The best method is to fuel tube the shock rod internally. You want to set a pretty steep rake. Face down ass up. Once you get the tires touching the ground squarely (camber), and pointed in the right direction (toe), you'll be pleased. Set the car on the edge of the desk table so you can look right up her ass. Put your finger right in the CENTER and slowly lift until you see one of the tires lift off the table. If they both lift off at the same time, weight distribution is good. If not, stiffen up the OPPOSITE side FRONT shock until they both lift at the same time. Spin the car around and do the same to the FRONT of the car. Lift from the center and see which tire leaves the table first. You can see how far off the weight distribution is by lifting more from the passenger side, or more from the driver side. The farther you are from center when your lifting, the worse the weight distribution is. Adjust REAR shocks in this same fashion until both FRONT tires lift off the table when raised from the center of the vehicle. I noticed that now, above 50mph, given everything is adjusted correctly, she shoots straight enough that you don't need to steer. Aerodynamics take over and she shoots straight as an arrow. Let us know how it goes,
Sure enough they are adjustable and I got them set perfectly. I need to do toe next, mine came toed out stock for some reason. I'll start testing it here soon and adjust from there.

Sure enough they are adjustable and I got them set perfectly. I need to do toe next, mine came toed out stock for some reason. I'll start testing it here soon and adjust from there.
Yeah I’ve got the front pretty much straight. The rear are factory set slight toe in and not adjustable so I don’t worry about it. Think it’s better set that way anyways.

Is yours stock? Mine is stock and it handles great, well planted and predictable. There are no droop screws but you can add spacers to the internal side of the shock shafts to limit droop. Those four holes are for adjusting roll center. Do a google search on how it works, but really just tune and test to get a feel for it. I haven't adjusted roll center on the vendetta but I have on other cars and it makes a noticeable difference in handling. Use the shock collars to set the ride height you like, the lowest your surface allows. You can also try changing shock fluid weight to change the dampening. Find a tire that you like and adjust the suspension to that tire.

Don't listen to people that tell you the 3s line is just a transitional line. Sometimes you just want to rip a smaller car. I like my 6s infraction and 8s kraton a lot. But sometimes I'm driving in a smaller lot or I don't want to lug around a heavy car and charge twice the amount of batteries.
That's good to know. I just thought it was rough camber adjustment. I agree, it's a fun car to drive it just felt really loose going around turns.

Adjusted the linkage arms and read up on roll center and what it's for. I'm going to keep testing that but I got the camber and toe set perfectly now. Stock toe was out in the front like 2-3 degrees. With the gold hoons on there it actually handles really really well now. I have to make it slide rather than it just sliding under power. Once the hoons wear out I'll swap over to 17mm wheel hexes and try out some GRP's.

Tires would help the most...I went from hoons to 17mm grps an handling changed completely

Hi, were you talking about putting the GRPs on the Vendetta or something else like the Typhon? Has anyone had success getting GRPs to fit the Vendetta without mucking up the body too much?

We're liking the handling of the Vendetta a lot. It has a really quiet silky smooth drive train (at least plastic is good for something). Kid loves the looks, his favorite RC so far. But all I can think of when he's drifting is that the tires are disappearing faster than a bag of skittles.

I'd be willing to give up traction for an inexpensive long lasting tire. Was looking at the GRP medium hard slicks, but the smallest OD I can find is 3.86". The Hoons Elevens are 3.35" OD. I don't know if any of the GPRs are solid rubber (even though the slicks kind of look like they are solid, they probably aren't).

From my perspective, the long-term tire costs might be the biggest advantage of the Limitless over the Vendetta, because I don't mind the quiet 3s drive train (until it breaks I suppose). Also with the Limitless the hexes are already 17mm.

I tried duct tape on the Hoons Elevens (for the lower speed drifting) but it didn't hold up long at all, and it was hard to get the remaining pieces of tape peeled off the tires. It was kind of fun, but not safe for speed runs. Also tried 3/4" rubber bands (two side by side) which was a total fail. But also tried duct tape over the rubber bands, and that actually showed a little promise for drifting. I need to find better duct tape before I rule this one out.

Edit: hmm, I'm realizing now I probably didn't pick the best thread for my questions about tire wear.

Last edited:
I just put on Hoons dboots and they are better than the elevens. I will be trying some grp tyres and swapping out the hexes to 17mm once these are done though.

I just put on Hoons dboots and they are better than the elevens. I will be trying some grp tyres and swapping out the hexes to 17mm once these are done though.

That's encouraging! Isn't the diameter of the dboots 3.94" ? And they're fitting okay? Did you have to trim the Vendetta body ?

Are these the ones that you got? (I would probably get Silver for the longest lasting)

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product...tires-white-17mm-hex-5-spoke-2/ARA550062.html

Edit: Nevermind, I see there are silver dboots designed to fit. I still wonder how people get the GRP outer diameter to fit though.

https://www.amazon.com/ARRMA-dBoots...cphy=9014946&hvtargid=pla-1672032126479&psc=1

Edit 2: If I do convert the Vendetta to 17mm, I'm not aware of any tires that will fit the Vendetta. Seems kind of stuck at 14mm.

Last edited:
Hi, were you talking about putting the GRPs on the Vendetta or something else like the Typhon? Has anyone had success getting GRPs to fit the Vendetta without mucking up the body too much?

We're liking the handling of the Vendetta a lot. It has a really quiet silky smooth drive train (at least plastic is good for something). Kid loves the looks, his favorite RC so far. But all I can think of when he's drifting is that the tires are disappearing faster than a bag of skittles.

I'd be willing to give up traction for an inexpensive long lasting tire. Was looking at the GRP medium hard slicks, but the smallest OD I can find is 3.86". The Hoons Elevens are 3.35" OD. I don't know if any of the GPRs are solid rubber (even though the slicks kind of look like they are solid, they probably aren't).

From my perspective, the long-term tire costs might be the biggest advantage of the Limitless over the Vendetta, because I don't mind the quiet 3s drive train (until it breaks I suppose). Also with the Limitless the hexes are already 17mm.

I tried duct tape on the Hoons Elevens (for the lower speed drifting) but it didn't hold up long at all, and it was hard to get the remaining pieces of tape peeled off the tires. It was kind of fun, but not safe for speed runs. Also tried 3/4" rubber bands (two side by side) which was a total fail. But also tried duct tape over the rubber bands, and that actually showed a little promise for drifting. I need to find better duct tape before I rule this one out.

Edit: hmm, I'm realizing now I probably didn't pick the best thread for my questions about tire wear.
I made myself a set of drifting "tires" by taking a cheap set of foams that I ordered off wish.com that died in less than 30 seconds and wrapping them in PVC pipe. It works surprisingly well for low speed drifting and it lasts forever. The wheel on the left is one of the drift wheels. If the pipe is a little bigger than the rim, no big deal. Just run as many layers of duct tape around the rim as needed to make it a snug fit.
SAM_6237.JPG

I made myself a set of drifting "tires" by taking a cheap set of foams that I ordered off wish.com that died in less than 30 seconds and wrapping them in PVC pipe. It works surprisingly well for low speed drifting and it lasts forever. The wheel on the left is one of the drift wheels. If the pipe is a little bigger than the rim, no big deal. Just run as many layers of duct tape around the rim as needed to make it a snug fit.
View attachment 236563
Thanks for the tip. I imagine it's like driving on ice. Are you still able to drive kind of normally at all ? With duct tape (before it tore up quickly) he could get some pretty good straight runs in, not great. I'm still thinking just a really hard rubber would be better if I can just find something that fits. But I'm going to try the PVC approach, especially for when he's really into drifting big time.

I just looked up the dimensions of PVC pipe. Looks like the OD for 3" PVC pipe is 3.5". (versus the OD of Hoons Elevens of 3.35") That might work. I'll search around for cheap wheels.

2 1/2" PVC pipe has an OD of 2.875". I suppose for drifting that could also work. What size PVC pipe did you use? Are you running on a Vendetta or something similar ? Looks like you're using 17mm, based on the pictures?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I imagine it's like driving on ice. Are you still able to drive kind of normally at all ? With duct tape (before it tore up quickly) he could get some pretty good straight runs in, not great. I'm still thinking just a really hard rubber would be better if I can just find something that fits. But I'm going to try the PVC approach, especially for when he's really into drifting big time.

I just looked up the dimensions of PVC pipe. Looks like the OD for 3" PVC pipe is 3.5". (versus the OD of Hoons Elevens of 3.35") That might work. I'll search around for cheap wheels.

2 1/2" PVC pipe has an OD of 2.875". I suppose for drifting that could also work. What size PVC pipe did you use? Are you running on a Vendetta or something similar ? Looks like you're using 17mm, based on the pictures?
I can still drive it somewhat normal. It's pretty slippery though. With an educated throttle finger you can still pick up speed reasonably quickly on a straight and then send it into a long controlled 90-95° sideways drift with a Scandi flick. I found a cul-de-sac with an odd shaped center island in my area that I drift around on occasion. What I will say is that I do like using the stock DX3 radio and 6100AT receiver for drifting because of the AVC. I just recently installed a Futaba GYC-441 but I haven't had a chance to test it out for drifting yet. From the feel of it, I think it should do rather well.

You are correct, those are 17mm hex rims. Like I said, they were super cheap for a set of four foams from wish.com. The outside of the rim is 3.1" (I left on a sliver of foam to fill the space to the PVC pipe). The pipe itself has an OD of 3.5". I'd suspect the 2.875" pipe would be a better fit for the Vendetta. I'm running an extensively modified Infraction V2. I also made a set from stock Infraction rims but I like the look of the cheap ones better.

For durability abusive drifting,grps are the way to go...2×25ish$,plus I abuse my worn out or lightly damaged grps to destruction.IVE FOUND NO OTHERS TIRES THAT CAN HANG WITH GRPS...they can take alot...here's worn out grps on 8s geared for 120+....

For durability abusive drifting,grps are the way to go...2×25ish$,plus I abuse my worn out or lightly damaged grps to destruction.IVE FOUND NO OTHERS TIRES THAT CAN HANG WITH GRPS...they can take alot...here's worn out grps on 8s geared for 120+....
Thanks, it's just that so far I can't find any evidence that GRPs will fit the Vendetta, or how much body trimming will be needed. The stock tires on the Vendetta have an OD of 3.35" and aren't very wide. The Vendetta has no extra width available without a lot of trimming.

The dBoots so far have been allot better than the elevens and it's the only tire I've found that will fit it without a bunch of modification. Probably not the best by any means, but for what I've been using it for they work fine.

Use expo instead of AVC (the gyro function). If you use a different controller and add expo of 30-40% instead of AVC you'll have a totally different car. You also need a controller where you can adjust the endpoints of your servo. Too much deflection on the stock servo setup.

Honestly, avoid these and do the 17mm swap with the arrma parts. There's plenty of guides.
Ballast weights, suspension tuning or tires...... Tune it as best you can. Just that it is very Limited at its Pricepoint. And maybe you have outgrown it already.:unsure: It is just a transitional rig to the 1/7 scale line.
You paid for what you got in that 4x4 platform. There is No Droop screws. Is what it is. Don't $invest$ much more into it. Not practical IMHO.
Enjoy it for what it is. Drive as is. The Cross Weight bias is probably all jacked up..... Needs to be 50/50. ( with it's full running weight)
Hoons are for the 1/7 rigs. Vendetta is NOT 1/7 scale.
I think its time to move up to a Limitless. $400. Roller. You will have all the tunability needed on this platform. And Way Much better supported.
Hang with the big guns now.
My spin.:cool:
$400 roller. Then a few hundred for motor/esc. Then the batteries. Then the radio. Then the servo. Boom, easy $800+

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back