Vendetta Vendetta help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panth00

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon Mega
  2. Vendetta
Hey all!

So, after a very long hiatus, I returned to the world of RC with a Typhon mega six months ago that I ended up upgrading to 3S(I imagine this is a typical noob mistake instead of buying the faster car to begin with).

So I got my vendetta today as I’ve been wanting a street car. Holy sheet the thing is crazy fast. Can anyone recommend some add-on ground effects that would help keep this thing planted?

Also, my battery flew out, zero idea how this happened as I cinched it down with both straps. The friction melted through the plastic hard case down to the metal case. Now, unless I'm mistaken, this is sort of looking like the metal itself was starting to melt lol. Would you trust this battery? I've attached it to my charger just to get some readings on it and everything looked OK. Did not try to charge it, as being at least a little bit paranoid isn't a bad thing with Lipo's.

Thanks I appreciate all the help.

Edit**** sidenote…. How the hell could anyone drive this without AVC turned on lol?

IMG_0828.jpeg

IMG_0830.jpeg

Front splitter is a must. I keep mine (3) low to the ground. I have no trouble keeping it planted. Just ran 2 of mine for the first time this year. As far as the battery I have had no issues keeping it strapped in. Electrical tape and send it provided nothing exposed.

Front splitter is a must. I keep mine (3) low to the ground. I have no trouble keeping it planted. Just ran 2 of mine for the first time this year. As far as the battery I have had no issues keeping it strapped in. Electrical tape and send it provided nothing exposed.
Thanks!

Also, this battery will fit in the vendetta? If so, do any of the other higher mah batteries fit? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_202&product_id=678

Also, how are you keeping your motor and ESC cool? Something special? Mine is getting hot as hell and it’s only 85 here in Georgia.

Thanks!

Also, this battery will fit in the vendetta? If so, do any of the other higher mah batteries fit? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_202&product_id=678

Also, how are you keeping your motor and ESC cool? Something special? Mine is getting hot as hell and it’s only 85 here in Georgia.

I discovered Surpass Hobbies Rocket fans and am instantly impressed with them over stock. You can get them on ebay for 15 each I believe. Might help keep things cool for you too. I know a lot of guys here run them and like them a lot (which is why I got em)..
I'd put some gorilla tape over your bat and keep on truckin if it were mine. Looks like a metal shield to protect the cells to me.

20230603_152330.jpg

I discovered Surpass Hobbies Rocket fans and am instantly impressed with them over stock. You can get them on ebay for 15 each I believe. Might help keep things cool for you too. I know a lot of guys here run them and like them a lot (which is why I got em)..
I'd put some gorilla tape over your bat and keep on truckin if it were mine. Looks like a metal shield to protect the cells to me.

View attachment 303783
Thanks I think I’ll grab one of the fans.

Hey all!

So, after a very long hiatus, I returned to the world of RC with a Typhon mega six months ago that I ended up upgrading to 3S(I imagine this is a typical noob mistake instead of buying the faster car to begin with).

So I got my vendetta today as I’ve been wanting a street car. Holy sheet the thing is crazy fast. Can anyone recommend some add-on ground effects that would help keep this thing planted?

Also, my battery flew out, zero idea how this happened as I cinched it down with both straps. The friction melted through the plastic hard case down to the metal case. Now, unless I'm mistaken, this is sort of looking like the metal itself was starting to melt lol. Would you trust this battery? I've attached it to my charger just to get some readings on it and everything looked OK. Did not try to charge it, as being at least a little bit paranoid isn't a bad thing with Lipo's.

Edit**** sidenote…. How the hell could anyone drive this without AVC turned on lol?

View attachment 303462

View attachment 303463
Avc is crucial

Hey all!

View attachment 303462

View attachment 303463
Toss that lipo. It is dangerous now.
And rethink how you mount/strap your lipo packs. Use some 1/8-1/4" foam padding on the lipo tray. Velcro straps do wear out. And eventually even rip apart, ejecting the lipo. Been there.

View attachment 303783
I've had bad experience with surpass hobbys fans I tend to stick to power hobby I've had em full of sand and they still worked great just got some 40mm dkkys I'm trying they run great on 3s

For the price not many fans move as much air as the Surpass Hobbies Rockets...I bought 3 almost a year ago...One died the first week...Another just died a week or so ago and one is still going...Fans can break at any moment its just luck...All it takes is a grain of sand or drop of water sometimes lol

For the price not many fans move as much air as the Surpass Hobbies Rockets...I bought 3 almost a year ago...One died the first week...Another just died a week or so ago and one is still going...Fans can break at any moment its just luck...All it takes is a grain of sand or drop of water sometimes lol

Half these Chinese fans are made by the same folks. Different colors and name.
Really I don't think there's much quality differences between any of them. The faster a fan is, the faster it will wear out. My only true fact opinion i have on them. Accelerated deaths via debri will kill them first. Any of them.
I like the look, price and function of the rocket fan so far. Holding its own to a ton of grass and small rocks/dust from a rock road everyday.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back