Vendetta Vendetta, what happens if you hit a pebble at high speed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crunchtime

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Vorteks
A Typhon with street tires would be a better choice for us, but kid has been eyeing the Vendetta ever since we saw it go on sale for a little bit last week. Is it only good on pavement that is smooth as silk?

What if you're near 70mph and hit a little rock on the road? If it gets a little air under it, does it turn into a glider?

Can you go over a little curb to get to the road, or pretty much have to carry it down to the flat pavement?

I think the purple looks the best. But on our Granite, although I wanted red, we got green because of a sale. Now I'm glad because green is really easy to see. That's probably true for the green Vendetta too.

Are there any really cheap tires out there that last a long time? (even if they basically have no traction because of being a hard composite)

I've already been researching some of these questions in the forum, so kind of have a guess at what the answers will be.

I've been running a set of Proline Vectors. So far so good, they're out lasting the stock Elevens in wear and seem to grip better, but they do need to get some heat in them first. I don't have enough time with them to say they're amazing, but they're better than factory and they don't require trimming. That said, they're not really cheap, but "really cheap" and "really good" are not usually synonymous.

It's all going to depend on how you setup the suspension.
There's not a lot of suspension travel on these and ride height out of the box is low.
It can go down a driveway onto the street no problem, minor bumps and all. but that front end will get ripped up if a curb is too steep.
As for tires, as stated above... the elevens are fine and cheap to replace (I have 3 sets from Jenny's).
But cheap AND good simply doesn't exist yet.

All, really appreciate the replies.

I've been running a set of Proline Vectors. So far so good, they're out lasting the stock Elevens in wear and seem to grip better, but they do need to get some heat in them first. I don't have enough time with them to say they're amazing, but they're better than factory and they don't require trimming. That said, they're not really cheap, but "really cheap" and "really good" are not usually synonymous.

I think I'd be willing to give up on grip for some super long lasting tires. I guess it would take a really hard compound to do that. Kid wants to do a lot of sliding around. I don't want to be thinking of $$ every time I see him drifting around. Since probably hardly anybody would want such a tire that (with practically no traction) they probably don't exist.

Coming from mainly doing mild bashing, I'm wondering how fun the Vendetta would be. I might scout out areas that I could go to let it stretch its legs. I notice in the official ARRMA video of the Vendetta, during part of it they have the Vendetta on a dirt track with quite a bit of gravel.

I like the looks of the purple but green is probably a lot easier to see, which I assume is a challenge when trying to reach top speeds.

All, really appreciate the replies.

I think I'd be willing to give up on grip for some super long lasting tires. I guess it would take a really hard compound to do that. Kid wants to do a lot of sliding around. I don't want to be thinking of $$ every time I see him drifting around. Since probably hardly anybody would want such a tire that (with practically no traction) they probably don't exist.

Coming from mainly doing mild bashing, I'm wondering how fun the Vendetta would be. I might scout out areas that I could go to let it stretch its legs. I notice in the official ARRMA video of the Vendetta, during part of it they have the Vendetta on a dirt track with quite a bit of gravel.

I like the looks of the purple but green is probably a lot easier to see, which I assume is a challenge when trying to reach top speeds.
If you want to have drift wheels on the cheap just wrap your tires in some gorilla tape. I've done it on my son's Granite and he had a blast!!!

If you want to have drift wheels on the cheap just wrap your tires in some gorilla tape. I've done it on my son's Granite and he had a blast!!!

That's a great idea. If we get that far, maybe even try a layer of foil tape followed by gorilla tape. Although I could see that flying off. Better stick with just the gorilla tape.

Got the idea from here
Oh man, that is it..... Now badly want to setup a slalom race somewhere, or at least a few pylons, and 2 or 3 people at the same time. Mario Kart come to life. That looks maybe more fun than the real thing.

Hmmm, now another idea because of this. I want to put duct tape on just the back tires of my outcast 6s, just to see what it does in the yard. For one, it might help save the turf. And it might be good on days when I want less wheelies. It will probably handle crazy as heck and put the center diff to work in the "other direction" so to speak.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back