Vendetta Vendetta - whats 1st?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rizspeedrun

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Vendetta
Hey all

Purchased a v5 typhon 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked.. just purchased a vendetta, should be here tomorrow.

Whats the 1st few things I need to do?

Will be running it on stock pinion 1st couple of sessions!

Then I'll chuck in the speed pinion.

Any tips from you pro's will be much appreciated!!

Hey all

Purchased a v5 typhon 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked.. just purchased a vendetta, should be here tomorrow.

Whats the 1st few things I need to do?

Will be running it on stock pinion 1st couple of sessions!

Then I'll chuck in the speed pinion.

Any tips from you pro's will be much appreciated!!

1. Calibrate the steering Endpoints, Throttle and Brakes BEFORE you bash.
2. Tighten down the OEM shocks.. they are too soft out of the box.. They will bottom out/road rash if you don't. (Or use my 3D printed Pre-Load Shock clips.)
3. Check your Front & Rear swaybars' grub screws (there's two of them per bar, they are tiny) are properly adjusted, so the bars are not loosey goosey in its center mount. You Don't need to crank them down, just a small amount so the bar isn't flapping about.

4. Find LARGE parking lot -Without a bunch of light poles, parked vehicles, concrete parking blocks/stoppers, pets/kiddos)
Then Let her rip!​
4b. Remember to moderate your trigger finger.. Otherwise those tires will disappear on you quickly...

5. Buy more tires. ;)

2. Tighten down the OEM shocks.. they are too soft out of the box.. They will bottom out/road rash if you don't. (Or use my 3D printed Pre-Load Shock clips.)
3. Check your Front & Rear swaybars' grub screws (there's two of them per bar, they are tiny) are properly adjusted, so the bars are not loosey goosey in its center mount. You Don't need to crank them down, just a small amount so the bar isn't flapping about.

4. Find LARGE parking lot -Without a bunch of light poles, parked vehicles, concrete parking blocks/stoppers, pets/kiddos)
Then Let her rip!​
4b. Remember to moderate your trigger finger.. Otherwise those tires will disappear on you quickly...

5. Buy more tires. ;)
Exactly the sort of input and advice I was looking for!!

Super appreciative of your comment man.. thankyou! I'll defo be following your checklist tomorrow!!

I havnt got a 3d printer I'm afraid - otherwise I would've printed the world by now haha 😄

I have seen front splitters on ebay for protection.. any good or stay away? Can't seem to find option parts for the vendetta here in the UK. Maybe it's just me!

Super appreciative of your comment man.. thankyou! I'll defo be following your checklist tomorrow!!

You bet.
Glad to help.

I havnt got a 3d printer I'm afraid - otherwise I would've printed the world by now haha 😄

I have seen front splitters on ebay for protection.. any good or stay away? Can't seem to find option parts for the vendetta here in the UK. Maybe it's just me!

Oh man..
You're all the way across the pond there..

I'm in the process of designing some custom front splitters for the 3S Infraction & Vendetta...

They'll be similar to the 6S splitters I've made before.. just smaller.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lambo-jota-custom-front-splitter-rear-wing-j-d-edition.52874/

Then Let her rip!​

5. Buy more tires. ;)
Does the vendetta really rip that much only with 3s?

Does the vendetta really rip that much only with 3s?
I'm going to find out tomorrow 😆
You bet.
Glad to help.

Oh man..
You're all the way across the pond there..

I'm in the process of designing some custom front splitters for the 3S Infraction & Vendetta...

They'll be similar to the 6S splitters I've made before.. just smaller.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lambo-jota-custom-front-splitter-rear-wing-j-d-edition.52874/
I checked out your 6s splitters.. wow man! Really great work there!

If you would be so kind to design a whole aero kit I would happily pay postage and whatever you ask for the products 😆

I'm going to find out tomorrow 😆

I checked out your 6s splitters.. wow man! Really great work there!

If you would be so kind to design a whole aero kit I would happily pay postage and whatever you ask for the products 😆

Yes sir.
I'm working on that.. as Fast as humanly possible.

Give me til this weekend and I'll post what I have for you to review.
I think you'll like it. 😉

I should mention-
Step 6: Might want to take the Power Module off and check the pinion/spur mesh, just to make sure it's set properly.

Last edited:
Yes sir.
I'm working on that.. as Fast as humanly possible.

Give me til this weekend and I'll post what I have for you review. I think you'll like it. 😉
Thankyou so much bro!!

I'll be eagerly awaiting your post 👍👍👍

Might as well locktite the wheel axle to the drive shaft. Remove the axle side of the driveshaft, run a longish 2mm driver up it and there’s a screw which hold the metal axle to the plastic drive shaft. Unscrew and pull the axle off then put a drop of locktite into the screw hole (not the screw).

If you’re doing a lot of parking lot bashing, which includes braking and hitting reverse and so forth, they can back out and then you could lose the wheel while going 50mph (bye bye wheel). Not sure if it is much of an issue with road cars as the 3S bashers but I did my 3s infraction just to be safe.

Might as well locktite the wheel axle to the drive shaft. Remove the axle side of the driveshaft, run a longish 2mm driver up it and there’s a screw which hold the metal axle to the plastic drive shaft. Unscrew and pull the axle off then put a drop of locktite into the screw hole (not the screw).

If you’re doing a lot of parking lot bashing, which includes braking and hitting reverse and so forth, they can back out and then you could lose the wheel while going 50mph (bye bye wheel). Not sure if it is much of an issue with road cars as the 3S bashers but I did my 3s infraction just to be safe.
I'll add that to my "Tex Koder checklist" lol

Very grateful for that tip Velodromed! Also for the simple instructions on how to do it, being new it's overwhelming picking everything up, and boy is there alot!!

Really appreciated man!!

I'll add that to my "Tex Koder checklist" lol

Very grateful for that tip Velodromed! Also for the simple instructions on how to do it, being new it's overwhelming picking everything up, and boy is there alot!!

Really appreciated man!!
No problem, ask any questions you need to. I have five of these 3s cars and know them like the back of my hand. Enjoy bud!

Thankyou kind sir!!

I'm sure I will haha

5 of these whaoo!! I wish I had the space, I only have the typhon 6s v5 and the vendetta
I got carried away these last 2 years lol. I did convert one to a V2, 4s build and planning to convert another using some 4s, V1 and V2 parts. So let’s see…I have:
Granite set up light for jumping
3s infraction set up for parking lot bashing
Big Rock, my wife’s car that never exceeds 20mph
Typhon spare parts build
4s hybrid build (old Yeller)
Vorteks hybrid Thing, over powered speed basher mutant. (Converting to a 4s mutant eventually.
A team associated mt10
6s Kraton and Notorious
Oh yeah. A Voltage with infraction mega electrics.
Also a few small cars for my kid. Redcat 16 and couple of Bezgars.

Not near as many cars as some here on the forum have but plenty enough to keep me busy 😊

I got carried away these last 2 years lol. I did convert one to a V2, 4s build and planning to convert another using some 4s, V1 and V2 parts. So let’s see…I have:
Granite set up light for jumping
3s infraction set up for parking lot bashing
Big Rock, my wife’s car that never exceeds 20mph
Typhon spare parts build
4s hybrid build (old Yeller)
Vorteks hybrid Thing, over powered speed basher mutant. (Converting to a 4s mutant eventually.
A team associated mt10
6s Kraton and Notorious
Oh yeah. A Voltage with infraction mega electrics.
Also a few small cars for my kid. Redcat 16 and couple of Bezgars.

Not near as many cars as some here on the forum have but plenty enough to keep me busy 😊
That certainly is a long list right there!! If you had to name 1 which one would be your favourite?

Once iv had enough practice on speed running this vendetta I'd like to get a infraction 6s or limitless eventually.

That certainly is a long list right there!! If you had to name 1 which one would be your favourite?

Once iv had enough practice on speed running this vendetta I'd like to get a infraction 6s or limitless eventually.
Oh, hands down my LWB v2 4s build I finished 2 weeks ago, Old Yeller. Good grief I love this car, it is the epitome of what I want in an RC car. Next I love my notorious. I bought it used, stripped it down completely and rebuilt from the ground up, making it my very own. My hybrid Vorteks Thing is next, which is why I’ll be giving it the 4s treatment eventually. My mini-infraction is up there too, my only road car.

Honestly I love them all because of the work I put into each one. Except for the team associated mt10. Don’t know why I even bought it. At least it makes a good guest car because it’s extremely durable and requires very little maintenance.

53117ECA-C83B-4BF3-9167-032CE397F8F8.jpeg

CE36CB54-FB56-4829-9E0B-1D92C590E4AA.jpeg

40B391D4-2A45-4106-A376-854E767952B7.jpeg

2FA14F3A-D809-4FE0-9BE9-A11AD47D9A77.jpeg

FCB160B3-4E5E-446F-B64B-47F149B04502.jpeg

4F2C2975-031F-4F1A-A4BD-B4D2A705F8D2.jpeg

C57FC083-6D00-4CEA-8907-5D6B7987A8B1.jpeg

6C2731BD-F26D-4629-93E6-5B5902430F95.jpeg

Last edited:

I am not a fan of hard metal alloy or CF upgrade splitters. Stockers will take the abuse better. And will protect the plastic chassis better. You will definitely hit the front regularly. Stockers are cheap to replace. It is basically your bumper.

-don't use speed pinion for bashing/drifting, its meant for speed runs with cool down and so on
It will get hot, you will shorten the life of the esc/motor/batterys.
(In Winter you could have luck....)

Stock gearing is 55-60mp/h, thats enough for bashing/drifting.

-fill the diffs with oil (not needed to do it directly)

-get spare tyres HOONS silver

-use AVC 33%-50%

-have space and fun

Oh, hands down my LWB v2 4s build I finished 2 weeks ago, Old Yeller. Good grief I love this car, it is the epitome of what I want in an RC car. Next I love my notorious. I bought it used, stripped it down completely and rebuilt from the ground up, making it my very own. My hybrid Vorteks Thing is next, which is why I’ll be giving it the 4s treatment eventually. My mini-infraction is up there too, my only road car.

Honestly I love them all because of the work I put into each one. Except for the team associated mt10. Don’t know why I even bought it. At least it makes a good guest car because it’s extremely durable and requires very little maintenance.

View attachment 255536

View attachment 255537

View attachment 255538

View attachment 255539

View attachment 255540

View attachment 255541

View attachment 255546

View attachment 255547
They look awesome 👌

I can tell from the pictures you have had some amazing times with these badboys!
I am not a fan of hard metal alloy or CF upgrade splitters. Stockers will take the abuse better. And will protect the plastic chassis better. You will definitely hit the front regularly. Stockers are cheap to replace. It is basically your bumper.
Hmm good point there, I'm just trying to keep the body from meeting them damn curbs!!
-don't use speed pinion for bashing/drifting, its meant for speed runs with cool down and so on
It will get hot, you will shorten the life of the esc/motor/batterys.
(In Winter you could have luck....)

Stock gearing is 55-60mp/h, thats enough for bashing/drifting.

-fill the diffs with oil (not needed to do it directly)

-get spare tyres HOONS silver

-use AVC 33%-50%

-have space and fun
Thanks bro!! Appreciated!! I'm going to stock up on hoons for my detta and typhon on these black Friday sales coming up lolll

Back