Vendetta Vendetta - whats 1st?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey again guys, I saw a YouTube video recently and the guy mentioned something about a centre brace from another model that would fit the vendetta!

Is this something that's needed or required?

Hey again guys, I saw a YouTube video recently and the guy mentioned something about a centre brace from another model that would fit the vendetta!

Is this something that's needed or required?

It will help stiffen up the plastic 3S chassis.
But, it's a personal preference..

Just for reference -
Here are the carbon fiber braces I created for the 3S Granite (SWB) and Senton (LWB)..

1668293317464.png

1668293342684.png

1668293387148.png

1668293460398.png

I'll get you some pics of it on the Vendetta..
Let me finish up what I'm working on at the moment.

It will help stiffen up the plastic 3S chassis.
But, it's a personal preference..

Just for reference -
Here are the carbon fiber braces I created for the 3S Granite (SWB) and Senton (LWB)..

View attachment 255918

View attachment 255919

View attachment 255920

View attachment 255921

I'll get you some pics of it on the Vendetta..
Let me finish up what I'm working on at the moment.

Whaoo Tex man, you got some skills bro!!

Look like they came from factory like that!!

Whaoo Tex man, you got some skills bro!!

Look like they came from factory like that!!

I didn't forget about you @Rizspeedrun

Here are the pix of the DB Carbon Fiber Center Brace for the Vendetta ,as promised.

IMG_20221117_220526436_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221117_220624729_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221117_220700838.jpg

IMG_20221117_220820708.jpg

Hey all

Purchased a v5 typhon 2 weeks ago and I'm hooked.. just purchased a vendetta, should be here tomorrow.

Whats the 1st few things I need to do?

Will be running it on stock pinion 1st couple of sessions!

Then I'll chuck in the speed pinion.

Any tips from you pro's will be much appreciated!!
I would recommend using Hot Racings slipper. Mine went out just a week after I bought it. Wouldn't cover it under warranty either. Second to go was the gyro after a hard stop.
I'm setting mine up for no prep drag racing and I've taken a few flips and tumbles and it's held up quite well. Definitely need space. Don't try to run with the AVC all the way up as it like to wobble at high speeds for some reason. It holds quite well with only 50-75% AVC.
I switched to DBoots Hoons Gold tires and they are much sticker but do not last as long.
The list goes on for me but again, I'm building mine as a AWD No Prep drag racer so you may not see the problems I have. I'll be making a build thread soon. Have fun!

I would recommend using Hot Racings slipper. Mine went out just a week after I bought it. Wouldn't cover it under warranty either. Second to go was the gyro after a hard stop.
I'm setting mine up for no prep drag racing and I've taken a few flips and tumbles and it's held up quite well. Definitely need space. Don't try to run with the AVC all the way up as it like to wobble at high speeds for some reason. It holds quite well with only 50-75% AVC.
I switched to DBoots Hoons Gold tires and they are much sticker but do not last as long.
The list goes on for me but again, I'm building mine as a AWD No Prep drag racer so you may not see the problems I have. I'll be making a build thread soon. Have fun!
Thanks for the input dude!!

Hot racing seems to be the go to place for upgraded parts. I'll keep an eye out in the sales!

You bet.
Glad to help.

Oh man..
You're all the way across the pond there..

I'm in the process of designing some custom front splitters for the 3S Infraction & Vendetta...

They'll be similar to the 6S splitters I've made before.. just smaller.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lambo-jota-custom-front-splitter-rear-wing-j-d-edition.52874/
Please keep me posted Tex Koder on the Vendetta splitter and skirts. I'm looking for a full body kit. I've also talked tk Polo Creations on a full carbon fiber kit, but I feel like I could cut those myself. Feel free to message me directly. Lmk. Thanks!

I'm the kind of guy who does a full teardown/rebuild of any new, factory assembled chassis. It might be overkill but it can really save some headache.

What fan setup is that?

Custom designed AeroRam by me. 🤠

I'm the kind of guy who does a full teardown/rebuild of any new, factory assembled chassis. It might be overkill but it can really save some headache.

What fan setup is that?
This! I'm surprised it took so long for this to pop up. It affords the chance to ensure all screws are properly tightened too. This Forum is full of "brand new and broken parts alread" stories that could have been prevented. The only new rc I ever bought, 6S Kraton had many screws that were not even driven home(not completely threaded in, let alone tight).
Thanks for the input dude!!

Hot racing seems to be the go to place for upgraded parts. I'll keep an eye out in the sales!
Hot Racing is great but stay away from their drive axles. If you do want to upgrade those, get Arrma's HD ones. But if you follow the advice here, stock should be fine for you

This! I'm surprised it took so long for this to pop up. It affords the chance to ensure all screws are properly tightened too. This Forum is full of "brand new and broken parts alread" stories that could have been prevented. The only new rc I ever bought, 6S Kraton had many screws that were not even driven home(not completely threaded in, let alone tight).

Hot Racing is great but stay away from their drive axles. If you do want to upgrade those, get Arrma's HD ones. But if you follow the advice here, stock should be fine for you
Yuuup. Loose screws, no loctite, improper gear mesh, and improperly glued tires are all real issues. Heck, in very rare instances there may be a part/parts missing.

I am not a fan of hard metal alloy or CF upgrade splitters. Stockers will take the abuse better. And will protect the plastic chassis better. You will definitely hit the front regularly. Stockers are cheap to replace. It is basically your bumper.
I agree with that, but unless I’m missing it, I don’t think there is a stock one.

Any chance of passing the STL files for those rod end links to a fellow 3d er

After testing the stock Vendetta differentials I can say, replacing them should be high on the priority list. I removed a brand new factory differential from the car, and turned one side of the differential by hand. The efficiency is bad enough that it will spin the internal diff gears emerged in oil and spin the other axle before the input gear will spin. Even after a break-in period I had the same result. I ended up getting the 4s Boost Box kit, and it spins freely! I highly recommend this upgrade for better acceleration 4S Boost Box.

Last edited:
After testing the stock Vendetta differentials I can say, replacing them should be high on the priority list. I removed a brand new factory differential from the car, and turned one side of the differential by hand. The efficiency is bad enough that it will spin the internal diff gears emerged in oil and spin the other axle before the input gear will spin. Even after a break-in period I had the same result. I ended up getting the 4s Boost Box kit, and it spins freely! I highly recommend this upgrade for better acceleration 4S Boost Box.
20-30 minutes with a nail file and sand paper also fixes the issue. Properly shimming the diffs is also needed. I did that with my 3s infraction and they’ve been solid for over a year. They do come awful tight though (insert your own 18 year old girl joke here) and cause issues if not fixed.

20-30 minutes with a nail file and sand paper also fixes the issue. Properly shimming the diffs is also needed. I did that with my 3s infraction and they’ve been solid for over a year. They do come awful tight though (insert your own 18 year old girl joke here) and cause issues if not fixed.
Thank you for the feedback on this! In my experience, shimming does help once it’s been worn in. The issue seems to be it’s too tight because of sloppy meshing. That eventually smoothes itself out, and then it becomes too loose. Running the 4S Boost Box still with no regrets!

Back