Venom duo pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaper 007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
When setting up a battery for long term storage..when the battery is still fully charged do i discharge it down to 3.7v or do i just put it in storage mode and the charger will take it down to the required voltage..

When setting up a battery for long term storage..when the battery is still fully charged do i discharge it down to 3.7v or do i just put it in storage mode and the charger will take it down to the required voltage..
You should be able to put it in storage mode, and it will discharge accordingly. It is, however, more fun to discharge the battery by using it. Just sayin.

I have the same charger and would like to know also. If it's fully charged would there be a reason to dishcharge it to store it? How long would you be able to store a battery

How long can you store a fully charged battery.. and how long does a battery in storage mode last..

Most people recommend you do a storage charge if it's not used for more than 3 days. I honestly do it after every days use regardless of what level charge they are at.

@Drtybird If you store it fully charged, it has a good chance of puffing up, which means time for the trash.
@Reaper 007 You can store it as long as you like. But if it's sitting for more than a month, you might want to storage charge it again.

Storage mode charges the cells to about half. makes it so it doesn't have enough charge to puff up, but also gives it plenty of time to gradually lose it's charge over time without depleting itself from my understanding. Someone feel free to correct me if that's incorrect. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back