Kraton Venom Low Voltage Monitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleP

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
It´s up to you, check the values of you´re battery and think about how many power you will discharge.
In the description is written:
"The audible alarm is factory set at 3.3V, although is adjustable between 2.7-3.8V."
And also "2-8s"
So normally does not matter what kind of battery (4s or 2x2s) you will use.
Both are 14,8V...

My cut off in the most cars are set to 3,5V but normally if I realize that the car lost power, I do change the battery pack without to wait that the cut of will be activated.

I think that you have to put one wire to + and one to -, because for a 8s are three cables are not enough. For 8s you´ll need 9 wires

Regards,
lonee

Last edited:
I set mine to 3.5v on the Kraton, any higher and the alarm will go off to early when you give it some throttle and the voltage dips. I've hook & loop attached it to the back of the Kraton and used the balance extension lead (these can be bought on ebay for a dollar from 2s,3s,4s,5s-6s configuration.

Once the alarm goes off I'll let the battery (all my Kraton batteries are 6S) sit for 5 minutes then test with a CellLog 8M which is accurate, battery cells will always be 3.79 to 3.8v which is pretty much storage voltage, then it's just a matter of leaving the battery as if is the session is done ready for recharge for next time.

Small button on the top, connect battery then just press to cycle through the voltage alarm range (2.7-3.8), let go of the button on the desired voltage, done.

Small button on the top, connect battery then just press to cycle through the voltage alarm range (2.7-3.8), let go of the button on the desired voltage, done.

Thank you,, mine were set @ 3.3v,, now I have them on 3.5v. I just figured they didn't work

Last edited:
Yes of course you can connect it to the Lipo balance lead, the purpose of the extension is if you want to locate the alarm further away from the battery. For example of have mine situated at back on the chassis with hook and loop tape, so needs an extension cable, it seems to work quite well there. The thing to bear in mind is they are not that accurate, but a good enough safety net for an expensive battery. For me and my 6S batteries setting to 3.5v on the alarm seems to be the best setting for finishing the battery at an acceptable storage voltage.

UPDATE:

Took the Kraton out for a spin today. I noticed the Venom LVM was beeping towards the end but the voltage still read 3.77 (had it set to 3.7). The beeping would only beep for about three seconds than stop.

My question is, when the voltage hits 3.7 and the beeping goes off, does it go off until you shut off the car or does it beep for only three seconds at a time?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back