Venom Pro charger closeout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extremeengineer

No babe, I’ve had that one for a while...
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Ordered one of THESE. I’m sure many here will say how it’s still overpriced, and I could take apart an old PC and combine it with a Goodwill Oscilloscope and an alibaba third world charger and have just as good a charger, but hey, I’ve got my fire safe lipo bag velcro’d up tight to protect me from the flames? Seems like it has decent output, and I really like the transmitter battery charge ports, will charge up my new SCX24 batteries! I sure wouldn’t pay $500 for it, imagine few did and that’s why it’s 50% off, but took a chance on it at the closeout price.

^^^ You know I always looked at that charger and said if I hit Lotto, I would get that.
Great Price. Doable at $1/2 price now. This charger is not for the average Joe RC'er for sure. But I can appreciate what it is and want it bad anyway.:D
Great find.

A lot of fires weirdly with those chargers...
Thanks, had not seen that when I was searching for reviews and feedback. Where did you see that info, would be interested in checking it out.
There are better chargers. These don’t put out enough watts.
Thanks. I wanted AC, so 1200 watts seemed decent for an AC charger, didn’t want DC just from convenience standpoint, and the Junsi with PS I looked at would have run me twice as much for 2000 watts, didn’t make sense for me.

Last edited:
Amazon.com: Venom Commercial Series Pro Power HD LiPo/LiHV Charger: Toys & Games

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Basically Retail list price and "FREE" shipping.
But seller, Rapid Warehousing, just adds $88. for shipping. (n)
What does Venom charge for shipping?
I know this is a heavy item for sure.

EDIT: I am sure Rapid Warehousing just drop ships it from Venom direct and pockets the sale price difference ?‍♂️ . Venom just charges the $88. for shipping in the end.

"Notice of Liability The information in this manual is distributed on an “As Is” basis, without warranty. While every precaution has been taken in the preparation of the manual, Venom® does not have any liability to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by the information contained in this manual or by the products described in it. Charging and discharging batteries has the potential for serious injury to persons and damage to property. In purchasing this product, the user agrees to accept responsibility for all such risks, and will not hold Venom®, it’s affiliates, manufacturers, distributors, or retail partners responsible for any accident, injury to persons, or damage to property resulting from the use of this product."

Last edited:
Holy crap. No tax also? (y)(y)What a deal then. You killed it.(y)

Thanks, had not seen that when I was searching for reviews and feedback. Where did you see that info, would be interested in checking it out.

Thanks. I wanted AC, so 1200 watts seemed decent for an AC charger, didn’t want DC just from convenience standpoint, and the Junsi with PS I looked at would have run me twice as much for 2000 watts, didn’t make sense for me.
Yourubers and in facebook group had lipo fires and the charger they were using was the venom pro duo or
The 4 channel version

There are better chargers. These don’t put out enough watts.

• Circuit Power: 1200W (600Wx2)

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

What are you charging that you need more than 600w per channel?

Yourubers and in facebook group had lipo fires and the charger they were using was the venom pro duo or
The 4 channel version.
Makes sense why I could not find it, those are a completely different line of chargers from Venom. You are talking about THIS or THIS They share nothing, I spoke with Venom as I did consider their 4 channel, and it was 400W total, and more than the commercial on sale. This is the problem with the internet, now someone searches the commercial and sees your comment and suddenly that charger has issues even though you weren’t even talking about the right model(s).

Last edited:
Makes sense why I could not find it, those are a completely different line of chargers from Venom. You are talking about THIS or THIS They share nothing, I spoke with Venom as I did consider their 4 channel, and it was 400W total, and more than the commercial on sale. This is the problem with the internet, now someone searches the commercial and sees your comment and suddenly that charger has issues even though you weren’t even talking about the right model(s).
Get the skyrc t200 only heard good things about it but do ur research first. My next charger is Going to be the baby of the t200. I have a old 10 yr old ac dc x1 charger and im getting tired of it lol

I have the UltraPower 240AC Duo now, so as a second charger I’d be taking a step backward instead of gaining anything with the t200.
If you have a DC psu this would make a good charger, no LIVH support and no IR checker though.
I have the Hitec version of this and payed a bit more for my Hitec, last time I found a used Hitec X2 400 it was more than what I paid for mine new.
https://www.banggood.com/SKYRC-Extr...I3q0mzhtxfBZtsL8yFQiK-gpIRdzbnCYaAv92EALw_wcB

• Circuit Power: 1200W (600Wx2)

Confused What Is It GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

What are you charging that you need more than 600w per channel?
That’s not the one the link went to for me. The one it took me to us the 80w per Chanel. That’s not enough. 600w/Chanel is very good. My 406 duo is 1400w. That’s plenty!
18039E61-DB25-41E3-A747-E5ABB8762376.png

That’s not the one the link went to for me. The one it took me to us the 80w per Chanel. That’s not enough. 600w/Chanel is very good. My 406 duo is 1400w. That’s plenty! View attachment 115951
Yeah that Venom charger is a POS and you couldn't give one to me.

So how has this charger been? Pros and cons?
It’s a beast. Below is size comparison to my Ultra Power AC240 Duo. It’s no frills, you get charge and storage, only variable is Amperage in 5A increments up to 25A per channel. Has connections for transmitter or receiver packs on side, but not for LiFe🤷‍♂️ I probably would not be happy if it was my only charger, but as a second device that can be used for large packs or the occasional fast charge, I like it. It’s built like a tank, can see why it’s marketed as commercial for constant use.

F6E81808-1E4C-4FDA-9A06-4E189BAB52D4.jpeg

076FAD95-D5A0-4631-9A2C-9AC612445535.jpeg

0CFBAEC3-2884-4E1F-8A1B-AA5349ADF9E0.jpeg

92660120-CD27-4AC1-B873-B1678CE266E0.jpeg

It’s a beast. Below is size comparison to my Ultra Power AC240 Duo. It’s no frills, you get charge and storage, only variable is Amperage in 5A increments up to 25A per channel. Has connections for transmitter or receiver packs on side, but not for LiFe🤷‍♂️ I probably would not be happy if it was my only charger, but as a second device that can be used for large packs or the occasional fast charge, I like it. It’s built like a tank, can see why it’s marketed as commercial for constant use.

View attachment 123350

View attachment 123351

View attachment 123352

View attachment 123353
Awesome I appreciate the reply. I'm just getting back into the hobby I have some 5th scale gas rcs. Now I have a xmaxx 8s.

I bought a htrc t400 to charge some more batteries. I was told it was good then I saw someone post this up and picked it one up from venom for $250. But now I'm torn if I made a bad decisions and should return it or return the t400. I haven't received the venom yet.

I don't know how much of a issue it will be for my lipos that I can't tune the charge rate to exactly 1c on the venom. I can't really find much info on this charger. For a example I ordered 2 sets of 7200mah batteries so I believe you should charger that at 7.5amp so with the venom I would have to choose between 5 and 10 I think so is 10 bad to be charging at and I assume 5 will just be slower?

Sorry for the long question I just don't know if I should stick to the htrc and not return or the venom is a better choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back