Venom pro duo charger fan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aturdsandwich

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
My fan on channel 2 on the venom pro duo has just stopped working ... I contacted venom and they are sending me a new one and asked me to throw the old one away, long story short .... Does anyone know what fan I need to fix it? Don't want to just trash it.

I've been able to fix a Yeah Racing Tornado fan by just resoldering the wires back to the proper area on the fan. If it's something to do with the actual motor in the fan, that may or may not be replaceable...

I have yet to take it apart because I don't want to get shocked. But the older venom chargers the fan just plugs into the board. So we will see. Any idea how long is a safe amount of time before I open the charger up?

No there is caps inside that will likely have 300v stores in them. They will discharge over the next day or so for sure but immediately unplugging I would wait.

Yeah I'm waiting.... Lol but no luck on what size fan it maybe? I can't find anything online.

My fan on channel 2 on the venom pro duo has just stopped working ... I contacted venom and they are sending me a new one and asked me to throw the old one away, long story short .... Does anyone know what fan I need to fix it? Don't want to just trash it.

Are you sure it's actually broken? I have the same charger and the fans turn on & off throughout the charging cycle. Most notably when using the storage charge function. The amp push is so small the fan stops for several minutes then restarts later.

Yeah started by making a really bad noise at first. Tapping that side would make it run normal. But eventually just stopped all together. Internal temps shoot way up. They already sent me a new charger and let me keep this one

Yeah started by making a really bad noise at first. Tapping that side would make it run normal. But eventually just stopped all together. Internal temps shoot way up. They already sent me a new charger and let me keep this one

Ok, sounds like you got a good handle on it.
If channel 1 on the old charger is still functional you can charge 3 batteries at once after the replacement arrives.
I guess that's why every battery & charger manual says "NEVER LEAVE A CHARGING BATTERY UNATTENDED."

Very good customer service indeed. Usually a company will have you cut the plug wire off, send it in, and then honor warranty.

Yeah wasn't bad. I had to take a video of it not working. Just emailed it to them. But I took it apart thinking I could replace the one fan on the old one ... And it just fell apart lol

I have the same problem, i emailed them but they wanted to sell me a new charger at a 30% discount... I asked him what voltage spec are the fans he said he "believes" there 12v 40mmx10mm fans fallowed by a "we cannot advise or condone opening the Pro Duo for service as lethal voltages can be present inside the charger." lol. I'm grabbing some Noctua NF-A4x10 FLX, Premium Quiet Fan, 3-Pin. Noctua is a premium computer fan company so they should work fine just snip the 3rd wire its just a tach lead. I also broke half the buttons off diss assembling it lol IL have to replace those too wile I'm inside.

Last edited:
Mine has done the same could you please give me the information for contacting them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back