Venom pro duo error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roondog

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Anyone ever get "input vol err" on their venom charger? This happens on channel A. Channel B works fine. No matter what size lipo I plug in it beeps and displays that error on channel A.

the little stand up one with a handle? odd i have the venom one and the GT power version, both have been reliable for years. both get heavy use at home and on 12v.
is warranty still an option for you? im guessing one of the boards are shot(which im guessing is the AC side), especially saying input thats nothing to do with battery...
i would however try 12v source and that may work.

Yep the duo which has a handle. I emailed them to see what they say. I didn't find much in a quick Google search.

Yep the duo which has a handle. I emailed them to see what they say. I didn't find much in a quick Google search.

im guessing theres not much info because they are pretty reliable. some of the HTRC duo chargers have heaps of info because of channel 1 always blowing out.
claim it sparked and a flame came out and say how it could've put your house at risk, easy nice customer care then and a replacement charger. ;)

Geez... nothing like honesty. lol!!

Seriously, the amount of tech in peoples houses is dangerous , you're relying on these kind of chargers to charge unstable lithium poly cells... so many more things these days to cause house fires. My insurance company nearly refused to insure my homes because they knew i charged LIPO's there.
need to be realistic here, so i built a charge box, 3.5mm steel box with a vent tube to outside (to deal with fumes and smoke) for which has had to deal with a charger fire.. a protek quad.. was only charging at 3 amps on two channels and it let go... this would of burnt my family house down.

My point was that you were suggesting he say his charger almost burned his house down to get a new charger when in reality, it was throwing an error code.

I wasn't saying lipo's aren't dangerous if handled incorrectly or precautions aren't taken.

My point was that you were suggesting he say his charger almost burned his house down to get a new charger when in reality, it was throwing an error code.

I wasn't saying lipo's aren't dangerous if handled incorrectly or precautions aren't taken.

True yes but.. "what if" - i am assuming the error has occurred to protect it but what if that protection failed? i've seen electronics spark and then the safety has kicked in, all it takes is a spark.

im not trying to be a d!ck or decieve but just offering a realistic view at the trouble things can cause.

It did spark when I connected the battery but I didn't know that meant anything. I heard a pop when I connected the plugs.

It did spark when I connected the battery but I didn't know that meant anything. I heard a pop when I connected the plugs.

did you plug it in the wrong way around? the cables wont be carrying anything so the connectors shouldnt spark, of course unless its plugged in backwards(alot of people mess up the red and black banana plugs on charger)

They'll sometimes spark a little inside of any connector and no worries.

none of my chargers have ever sparked in the connectors...(i've only been doing it for 15 years so results may vary) of course my batteries have when connected to high powerd BL systems.

Last edited:
Mine do on both chargers but maybe just because only three years. I don't have issues at all and nothing to worry about, they just spark a little.
I plug my balance first, then the heavy gauge. Then I plug in either charger, select and good to go. Just got some new jute rug in my shop. Maybe static will get better or worse. Sparks without the rug so far and everywhere else.

No it was plugged in correctly. I do take my time to ensure the plugs are correct.

Mine do on both chargers but maybe just because only three years. I don't have issues at all and nothing to worry about, they just spark a little.
I plug my balance first, then the heavy gauge. Then I plug in either charger, select and good to go. Just got some new jute rug in my shop. Maybe static will get better or worse. Sparks without the rug so far and everywhere else.
I always read to plug the big plug in first, then the balance leads. My 3S packs spark a bit if they are full when I plug them into the charger to bring them down to storage.

I always read to plug the big plug in first, then the balance leads. My 3S packs spark a bit if they are full when I plug them into the charger to bring them down to storage.
Interesting. Thought I'd read the opposite but I'll try the big plug first next time. I get a little spark on the truck too though sometimes. Could simply be static.

How did you fix it?
I have the same problem with my venom dual charger " input vol err "

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back