Venom pro duo ok for 6s lipo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdh5yb

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I'm new to the forum and looking at getting a kraton 6s. I already have a venom pro duo charger, but have only charged 3s. Should I get a 6s pack for the kraton, and if so would I need a new charger? This charger is only 80w, so I wouldn't be able to charge a 5000mah pack at a 1c rate. Is that a problem?

It does work, just very slowly.
I have one that I use with my crawlers but once I switched to 6s it didn’t take me long to get tired of waiting. It will work fine, just be patient.

I'm new to the forum and looking at getting a kraton 6s. I already have a venom pro duo charger, but have only charged 3s. Should I get a 6s pack for the kraton, and if so would I need a new charger? This charger is only 80w, so I wouldn't be able to charge a 5000mah pack at a 1c rate. Is that a problem?

Yes because running your charger at max constantly can lead to an early death like @Be Ready had happen.

I always recommend that at minimum for charging a 6s 5000mah lipo you will want a 150w per channel charger to charge at 1c. A 5000mah 6s lipo requires approximately 126w, quite a bit above the 80w of the Venom, to charge at 1c and since no one makes a 126w charger the next step up is going to be 150w.

I recommend the Hota D6 to everyone as I have heard nothing but good things about them. If or when my Hitec dies I'm getting the Hota.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back