Venting placement question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JtkBrew

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
This is not a "Should I vent?" or "What method should I use to vent?" thread. I am choosing to vent my new tires, and I have my method of choice.

My question is where to place the holes. These are the Backflip LP thires. I was going to do 2 holes 180 degrees apart. My real question is do you vent right in the middle seam? To my uneducated mind, it would seem (no pun intended) to lead to the seam splitting starting at the vent hole. Am I better to put one hole just insde the seam and the other just outside the seam? Or maybe my thinking is off and my method would lead to more tearing??

I did four holes in my BLPs as I thought the larger tire could use more holes. I did it between lugs. If you make a clean cut, they shouldn’t rip.

I did four holes in my BLPs as I thought the larger tire could use more holes. I did it between lugs. If you make a clean cut, they shouldn’t rip.

My question is between the lugs near the red arrow right on the center seam, or near the green arrow off the center seam alternating left and right of the seam?

20200312_070540.jpg

My question is between the lugs near the red arrow right on the center seam, or near the green arrow off the center seam alternating left and right of the seam?

View attachment 69500
I did the red arrow, four holes as equally spread around the circumference as possible.

On my MX2.8’s I just vented I did 1 hole where the red arrow is pointing. Why one hole? Because my MX Buggy tires that PL released only has 1 hole so I thought maybe they know something we don’t based on physics or testing or something. I’ve ran them one time since and everything was fine.

Also, there really isn’t a seam in the middle because It doesn’t go all the way through to the ID of the tire. It’s only surface deep because it’s where the two half’s of the mold split. You don’t need to worry about the seam.

I always go right over the holes in the rim right in the seem like the red arrow in the pic

Also if you have any ec5 connector bullets, they work great too for cutting the holes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back