Venting tires -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
I made a shot video about venting RC tires, and how I do it. Hopefully this will help some here -

Yeah, I was having trouble with my pliers... LOL I have smaller channel-locks that fit better into that center hole, they are easier to use for this. Should have grabbed them for the video.

I have four tires ruined by this issue.

How do you done this?
I have vented my Big Rock tires like this systems idea and I have no problems till yet.
Yesterday I had run the Nero with 6s on split-gravel-ground and had no problems.
The one difference I have done, I makes the holes with a small solder iron.

Regards,
lonee

How do you done this?
I have vented my Big Rock tires like this systems idea and I have no problems till yet.
Yesterday I had run the Nero with 6s on split-gravel-ground and had no problems.
The one difference I have done, I makes the holes with a small solder iron.

Regards,
lonee

Maybe lost in translation from my side (my native language is not English) ;)

What I meant was that this issue: dirt get's sucked in by the under pressure in the tire caused by balooning, has ruined four of my tires (two cars, both rear wheel drive).

This is a great tip for me, because I had no clue. Weird thing is that it did not happen graduate, but after just one session the unbalance was too much to handle.

I am trying to remove the tires from the rims, and see if I can fix this. Than I will add these holes for sure!

Here was my original topic: https://arrmaforum.com/threads/vacuum-cleaning-tires-how-to-get-the-dirt-out.1081/

Last edited:
@Unusual RC
:).. My native language is german,.. So i will say: Hello Neighbor! ;)
I closed the holes in the rim completely and just made very small holes into the middle of the tire surface.
Maybe ... 8 holes i guess.
I used a tiny small solder iron for that. It was very easy to do. I have my Big Rock since 5 weeks and I was also driving thru water and mud.
Til yet i have no problems with my tires and water will go out of the tires while fast rotation.
I found this tip, if i remember correctly, from german playground on yt.
This guy has a lot of tipps about nero he is a german, also Mannys garage, french guy, had channels with tips for big rock.
He sends in german, english and french,.. for sure!

Regards,
lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back