Kraton Venting tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike13

Reaction score
how does everyone vent their tires and what is and where dose this little copper tube everyone is using

I vent all of mine, 1/8th buggy, 2.2/2.8 1/10th truck, 3.2/3.8 1/8th truck.

The tubing is something you could easily find at your LHS, when it was possible to get into those without a hazmat suit. Think it's used for guide wires or something on planes, but there was a rack of wires and tubes at all the LHS's I've been to.

Took me 20 minutes to give up searching for it at towerhobbies, rcplanet, amain... ended up googling 1/8" brass tubing lol!
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Brass-Tubes---1-8"/p/24130

I think you can also use a female 3mm bullet connector. You just have to sharpen it up some while spinning it in a drill or dremel.

I use a 1/8th drill bit. Many say don't, but I've never had an issue. I just use very light pressure in a dremel so the bit more burns a hole in the tire vs cutting a hole.

I vent all of mine, 1/8th buggy, 2.2/2.8 1/10th truck, 3.2/3.8 1/8th truck.

The tubing is something you could easily find at your LHS, when it was possible to get into those without a hazmat suit. Think it's used for guide wires or something on planes, but there was a rack of wires and tubes at all the LHS's I've been to.

Took me 20 minutes to give up searching for it at towerhobbies, rcplanet, amain... ended up googling 1/8" brass tubing lol!
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Hobbies-Collecting/Tools-Blades/Brass-Tubes---1-8"/p/24130

I think you can also use a female 3mm bullet connector. You just have to sharpen it up some while spinning it in a drill or dremel.

I use a 1/8th drill bit. Many say don't, but I've never had an issue. I just use very light pressure in a dremel so the bit more burns a hole in the tire vs cutting a hole.
If you use a drill bit you definitely want to use a dremel as drill won't spin fast enough and it will just grab the foam and start to tear it.

I've seen some guys use their soldering iron to just burn a couple of holes in the tire.

Make sure you make at least 2 holes one at 12 o'clock and the other at 6 o'clock, you can do another 2 holes at 3 and 9 if you want

I vent all of mine, even used curved scissors on some tires before I saw the sharpened tube trick. Or a leather punch if they're unmounted. Did 6 holes on my Katars and 2 in my new Backflips but plan to drill some more to make them softer.
3M lectrical tape works great for sealing the rim vents.

I vent all of mine, even used curved scissors on some tires before I saw the sharpened tube trick. Or a leather punch if they're unmounted. Did 6 holes on my Katars and 2 in my new Backflips but plan to drill some more to make them softer.
3M lectrical tape works great for sealing the rim vents.
I use gorilla tape.

I use a ball inflation needle. Just use a pair of dikes to cut off the tip and sharpen with an exacto knife.
Smaller holes than what most use but it doesn't take much to allow the air to come out fast enough, and the smaller holes don't allow anything to get it. I use just one hole on my 1/10th scale, 2 on 1/8 and 4 on 1/5th.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back