Kraton Verry close call

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edge71

GETTER DONE
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
Got it out of truck just in time...
BOOM !!!!

20211022_181703.jpg

SMC usually has some decent batteries. I am not familiar with the PowerHobby bat’s. Good catch!!! With a new battery, check the IR and mark it on the battery. Then, when you charge them, you can see if one of the cells is going bad. So easy to do!!

I have had a few batteries go poof! On me. I have FINALLY learned to do proper maintenance and pre-checks, but it doesn’t always pan out the way we hope.. LOL :p:p:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seen a Powerhobby blow up just pulling them out of a boat, maybe 5s to spare. I wouldn't use them for speedruns etc.
SMC are great, just keep them out of humidity, anything above ~ 65% will do some serious damage over time. Pure guess on the 65%, I know they won't make it through a Florida spring/summer which is always above 90%. Re-learned that the hard way, my dry-storage had an air leak.

Been running these packs for some time.

View attachment 175699
That's crazy for sure would have thought these could handle the load especially being 7400mAh packs. You can look at these from CNHL they are 8000mAh 120c but come with Deans so you'd need to solder EC5 connections on them. Let me know if you decide to pick them up as I'll give ya a 15% off coupon for CNHL 👍🏼 https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/det...4.8V4S120CLipoBatteryHardCaseCarwithDeansPlug
SMC has these 8000's but at $115 each https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=581

I really like the CNHL batteries. I have used SEVERAL, in different mah for my Quadcopters. I still have a few and I know of a few companies that rebrand the CNHL packs.

Nice to know a AF bro puts up a discount!! Thank you @Edough13 Every little bit helps!

I really like the CNHL batteries. I have used SEVERAL, in different mah for my Quadcopters. I still have a few and I know of a few companies that rebrand the CNHL packs.

Nice to know a AF bro puts up a discount!! Thank you @Edough13 Every little bit helps!
I love my CNHL packs for any use they perform really well and in my experience have great life when taken care of. Have a couple speed run packs I've had since beginning of the year with at least 30-40 speed runs on the packs and a few bashes here and there and they still are in great shape no puffing, still balance out well and not high IR either. Being sponsored by them is amazing and something I'm extremely grateful for. I always make sure to ask for coupons to help everyone out and save a few bucks. Prices are great too and hard to beat for different brand packs of similar performance for sure.

That's crazy for sure would have thought these could handle the load especially being 7400mAh packs. You can look at these from CNHL they are 8000mAh 120c but come with Deans so you'd need to solder EC5 connections on them. Let me know if you decide to pick them up as I'll give ya a 15% off coupon for CNHL 👍🏼 https://chinahobbyline.com/shop/det...4.8V4S120CLipoBatteryHardCaseCarwithDeansPlug
SMC has these 8000's but at $115 each https://www.smc-racing.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=581
The cnhl with deans are 12awg wires.. its safe to change them to bigger connectors and use them on 1/5 car? The wires wont get very hot?

The wires are matched to the lipo capability, a larger connector will not make a difference on wire temperature.
I know so i asked if using chnl lipo with 12awg… its will be ok on outcast 8s max5-1100kv? Beacuse there are cnhl 8000-100C lipos with 12awg.. it wont be crazy hot?

12AWG should be ok, they will get hot but not crazy hot, whatever that means.
If you don't any temp increase on wires, you would have to go to a chunk of copper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back