Mojave Vertical movement Centre Diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCNEW

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hi I have vertical movement in my Mojave centre Diff , How do i stop it ?
The Bolts all tighten down , two screws holding the bearings down are good , but i can move the whole diff vertically ?

Hi I have vertical movement in my Mojave centre Diff , How do i stop it ?
The Bolts all tighten down , two screws holding the bearings down are good , but i can move the whole diff vertically ?
Sounds like your center diff case has worn out.

image.jpg

The red alloy on top you mean ?

I have had the little metal bit at the end of the diff case melt out before, not 100% that this is your problem, but I have fixed the issue by replacing the diff case.

How much up and down, 1mm 2mm ?

Yes it would be 1mm something like that , but its held in place on the bearings ? Two little alloy lugs slide down at each end on top of the bearings ?

There’s a lip in the diff cover that has to slide over the posts of the diff mount. When the diff moves up and down that means the cover isn’t fully seated. Pinch the posts towards each other and push the cap down and it should seat properly and you will have no more vertical movement.

Yes it would be 1mm something like that , but its held in place on the bearings ? Two little alloy lugs slide down at each end on top of the bearings ?
There’s a lip in the diff cover that has to slide over the posts of the diff mount. When the diff moves up and down that means the cover isn’t fully seated. Pinch the posts towards each other and push the cap down and it should seat properly and you will have no more vertical movement.
Thanks , i will try that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back