Kraton very short run times?? Battery issue or common?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seba910

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi all i'm new to the forums so thank you for having me :)

I'm the proud owner of a new Kraton 6s v5 and am absolutely in love with it, however I have one slight issue.

I purchased with the truck 2x prime 3s 5200mah 50c lipos they were $85 Aud each so on the budget side for batteries.

My problem/Question is: Are 6-15 minute run times normal for the truck? by no means am I running it "flat out" more than I'm running it normally... Reading other posts I am seeing people get close to 30 sometimes 40 min runtimes on similar spec batteries. Is this normal for the truck ? Is this normal for cheap budget batteries ? Is there a battery issue ?

Car drives beautifully during the time and have no complaints, just +- 2 hours to charge 2 batteries (from single channel charger) for a max 12 min run time is getting annoying.

Ill also add that when charging these lipos, when they reach voltage cut off of 12.6v the mah goes up to -+ the 4000 mah mark.
Is this normal? When the batteries reach there voltage dischage cut off, they hold Mah? 1000 mah roughly?

Is this why I never see them charge to 5200mah on my charger?

sorry for the long post haha

Cheers in advance for the help :)

I use some 6s 5200mah 100c zee batteries. I think they were right around $100 on Amazon. I can get 30+ mins no problem. I normally stop before lvc also.

I'm the proud owner of a new Kraton 6s v5 and am absolutely in love with it, however I have one slight issue.

I purchased with the truck 2x prime 3s 5200mah 50c lipos they were $85 Aud each so on the budget side for batteries.

My problem/Question is: Are 6-15 minute run times normal for the truck? by no means am I running it "flat out" more than I'm running it normally... Reading other posts I am seeing people get close to 30 sometimes 40 min runtimes on similar spec batteries. Is this normal for the truck ? Is this normal for cheap budget batteries ? Is there a battery issue ?

Car drives beautifully during the time and have no complaints, just +- 2 hours to charge 2 batteries (from single channel charger) for a max 12 min run time is getting annoying.

Ill also add that when charging these lipos, when they reach voltage cut off of 12.6v the mah goes up to -+ the 4000 mah mark.
Is this normal? When the batteries reach there voltage dischage cut off, they hold Mah? 1000 mah roughly?

I am not good at this so others will add in....just wanted to ask where are you bashing...it is grass, dirt, etc.?

All grass and dirt driving IV noticed my lvc seems to kick in while my lipo voltages are still quite high ... Charger balance sees them at around 3.7 volts each. IV read that this is an acceptable cut off point however cut offs at 3.5 ish would improve run times and I wonder if there's a way to chance the lvc.

I wonder if that's why I also never see the mAh capacity charge get close to the advertised capacity.... My last charge didn't even reach 3k mAh ...

This is really stumping me.

Battery mate you need so good quality lipos which will sustain the voltage sag these puppy's dish out....happened to me with budget zee battery's now I use 120c gens-ace-r-spam 6800s v3 bashing and they work wonder solo in my vorteks and parallel in my kraton 6s

Back