Talion Very stiff steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

northeastflyer

live free or die
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
mostly stock Talion and noticed I lost steering. Servo died. But it died because something in the steering is very very stiff. A new servo works fine but is struggling with the stiffness.

Could it be the bushings need replacing? I think the stiffness is coming mostly from the two “servo saver” pillars. I forget the name sorry.

Any experience? My kraton was out today and didn’t have any issues.

I had one nose dive and it was a wet sandy bash.

Attachments

• 770811CD-F39E-43C2-B648-2140F258FE99.jpeg
    770811CD-F39E-43C2-B648-2140F258FE99.jpeg
    712.3 KB · Views: 67
Try disconnecting the servo steering arm and then turn the wheels by hand off the ground. Check for binding in the steering assembly that way.

Sometimes the pillow ball nuts self tighten. I’d start there and move in, could also be a bent suspension pin but my bet is the pillow ball nut. (Red Allen nuts in the steering blocks)

Good call.. been a while since I’ve been in there on my kraton and that describes it

Why would they self tighten?

Good call.. been a while since I’ve been in there on my kraton and that describes it

Why would they self tighten?

You said you have been in there... so did you over tighten them? I see this all the time on rigs I work on.. many people tend to overtighten them...

Sometimes the pillow ball nuts self tighten. I’d start there and move in, could also be a bent suspension pin but my bet is the pillow ball nut. (Red Allen nuts in the steering blocks)

Any thoughts on what causes them to self tighten?

Any thoughts on what causes them to self tighten?
my theory is that its like a ratchet when dirt gets in there. the suspension goes up and down and the nuts tighten. idk but it happens to me pretty often, I take the assemblies apart and clean them and put them back together. sometimes they will loosen as well. I just check them every pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back