Talion Very wobbly front wheel drive socket thingy (pics included)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HandsomeButterfly

Reaction score
Apologize for poor explanation. Don’t know names for these parts.
What’s circled in red is VERY wobbly.
I thought at first it was the grub screw but it’s already very tight.

Currently trying to undo screws to get a better look but these Allen key things are awful.
3962672D-C4E6-4C1C-9E90-4FADBA34A4F7.jpeg

Any ideas of what’s going on will be really appreciated thanks.

45B9EAA4-C6B8-41A4-A151-12A78F7858B6.jpeg

7F65F3EE-9223-4EEC-A7E4-A586C166B3E4.jpeg

That looks to be your pinion going to your diff. The bearing on the inside might have went out. There is a cover in the front with your sway bar in it that you can remove and get your diff out and check the bearing.

Input shaft cup. I have a brand new Fireteam with a wobbly rear input shaft cup. When I take the input gear out, it doesn't appear to be bent. With how much the cup wobbles, if the shaft was bent I'd be able to see the bend in the shaft but I don't see any bend.

I think some of the cups were manufactured defective or something. I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive.

[edit] Forgot to mention I ruled out the bearing by replacing it with no difference.

Currently trying to undo screws to get a better look but these Allen key things are awful.View attachment 206254

View attachment 206255

View attachment 206256

If that is the case, you need to get to the bearing you need to remove the front will be far easier... get eye up on it

This is Kraton...same but rear but the idea is the same....need to remove the full assembly

Those input cups have terrible manufacturing tolerance. Some fit nice and some are so sloppy that they make the driveshaft warp at high rpm and slap nearby parts (doesn't help that some of the driveshafts arent straight as well). Not much you can do but check the grub screw every once and a while. Ridiculous for the price of that part too…

Input shaft cup. I have a brand new Fireteam with a wobbly rear input shaft cup. When I take the input gear out, it doesn't appear to be bent. With how much the cup wobbles, if the shaft was bent I'd be able to see the bend in the shaft but I don't see any bend.

I think some of the cups were manufactured defective or something. I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive.

[edit] Forgot to mention I ruled out the bearing by replacing it with no difference.
I have the same problem. Can someone give the part number to the item that is defective and needs replacing please?

Currently trying to undo screws to get a better look but these Allen key things are awful.View attachment 206254

View attachment 206255

View attachment 206256
I have the same problem. Can someone give the part number to the item that is defective and needs replacing please?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back