Vg racing sledge coils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Hello,
I’ve noticed a lot of people on yt suggest these coils for the sledge. One question though, these springs have less spirals than the stock coils which theoretically give the coils less travel so why would people prefer them? Thanks

0977850E-DA1C-456A-86EE-BA4615AD8553.png

They are stiffer and progressive instead of being linear springs, thats why some people like them.

Travel is limited by your shocks/shockshaft length, not by the springs.
The number of windings has no effect on that.

The reason why the VG springs look like they do is because the are progressive and get stiffer the more you compress them.

A stiffer spring can have a different material or thickness, there’s many variables. Just to point out, if you had one coil with less travel, you have the same travel because there’s more coils that can travel…

They are stiffer and progressive instead of being linear springs, thats why some people like them.

Travel is limited by your shocks/shockshaft length, not by the springs.
The number of windings has no effect on that.

The reason why the VG springs look like they do is because the are progressive and get stiffer the more you compress them.
I see! Thanks for the explanation on that I’m using these coils currently and I like them
A stiffer spring can have a different material or thickness, there’s many variables. Just to point out, if you had one coil with less travel, you have the same travel because there’s more coils that can travel…
That’s true, I’m using these currently on the sledge and I love them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back