Talion Vibration in shafts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Hey I am getting alot of vibration In my front and rear drive shafts witch is making the 4 corner shafts vibrate. Witch is making the wheels wobble. So I take wheels off check all shafts all look straight to me. Took center diff off and let motor run that was fine. Can something inside the diff cause this?
Any help would be appreciated

The wheels....... Balance them. If its that bad.
Check all your BB's also. I say its the Wheels though.

Yep I'd agree with @SrC bet it's the wheels especially if your running the stock belted set. Try to balance them and see how that helps. Also check your hub bearings and how much back and forth play the shafts have in between the drive cups and axles. If there's a lot of play you can use O rings or fuel tubing in the axle or cups to help take some of the play out. Just make sure if you do don't make them too tight you still want some play for when the suspension flexes so you don't break the cups or bend driveshafts.

The wheels....... Balance them. If its that bad.
Check all your BB's also. I say its the Wheels though.
U can feel the front center shaft vibrating when u give it a good amount of throttle.
Yep I'd agree with @SrC bet it's the wheels especially if your running the stock belted set. Try to balance them and see how that helps. Also check your hub bearings and how much back and forth play the shafts have in between the drive cups and axles. If there's a lot of play you can use O rings or fuel tubing in the axle or cups to help take some of the play out. Just make sure if you do don't make them too tight you still want some play for when the suspension flexes so you don't break the cups or bend driveshafts.
Like I said that's what I thought but I took the wheels off and the front shaft that connects to center diff to front diff seems to vibrate alot still with the wheels off. I going take the center diff apart maybe a cup bent but I bought it. And I ordered some regular kataras. Not a fan of belted ones but Idk tear it apart tomorrow see what's going on with it

U can feel the front center shaft vibrating when u give it a good amount of throttle.

Like I said that's what I thought but I took the wheels off and the front shaft that connects to center diff to front diff seems to vibrate alot still with the wheels off. I going take the center diff apart maybe a cup bent but I bought it. And I ordered some regular kataras. Not a fan of belted ones but Idk tear it apart tomorrow see what's going on with it
OK ya definitely check your input cups as the new v5 safeD ones are junk! I have not found a good one yet that actually spins without wobble so I'd almost bet that could be the issue. Hard to see the front one too to notice if it's wobbling unless you take off the top plate etc. So could have came loose or is like all the ones I've got and is not machined right or something so doesn't spin perfectly and wobbles.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back