Notorious video for changing diff fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshrinker

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Whats a good video for changing diff fluid for a complete newb and is this really necessary before ever using my new notorious?

Whats a good video for changing diff fluid for a complete newb and is this really necessary before ever using my new notorious?
Like you said in your last thread...no need in waisting good money. In all honesty you see more here with partially empty diffs, so I say yup check them if your mechanically inclined to do so. Things you'll want as spares besided batteries. Extra diffs and control arms. While your at it save the body with shoe goo ??. Man I wish I did...

Funng you say that. I tried shoe glue and drywall tape sunday and couldn't get it to stick over bends. The kind I bought had a solid paper back with blue spiderweb thread. I'm not sure if the tape was too stiff or what. I've got the kind with the square holes coming in today and will try those but I regret that attempt.

F’ing wheel nuts! ??‍♂️ Can’t tell you how many times I was eff’d cause of a lost wheel nut! ?? it was either search for it or rob another vehicle till more came in.. good advice here !
??? . Until last Sunday I would walk and search the site till I found it. Now I'll just swap in another or re torque every few passes. I got tired of people looking at me like I was a crackhead lookin for a piece ????

Gotta spend it ? to send it !!
Agreed!!!
So much to remember...and spend $$$ on!
Remember cartwheels brake things fast. And stay away from the duperbash stunts until mid air control is down pack. Hand eye coordination is a good thing to have. 6s & up really needs to be away from narrow streets with cars and other pedestrians?

Surprisingly, I am still on the stock A-arms. I bought RPM spares right away, but have not needed them yet. Granted, I mostly drive in a sand pit free of big rocks. I am still on the stock wing mount also. It pulled out of the diff case and it is severely warped now, but I am not replacing it until it breaks.

I severely bent my rear shock tower on my second pack, then it bent again a few packs later and I went with M2C.

One thing I’d suggest is to buy CA tire glue and touch up whenever it is necessary. The tires will separate from the rims with use and it’s better to reglue as needed before it completely fails.

I've never looked at spares....dang...i had no idea how big this rc world is

Unless you are very gentle with it and never do any jumps, it will probably break at some point. Replacement parts are (generally) easy to find, not overly expensive and wrenching is a big part of the fun. Make sure you buy good tools to make the wrenching enjoyable.

Get a set of rubber sealed bearings for the Noto/Outcast (like FastEddy). You will need them soon, especially if you drive in the wet.

Guess I just look into tools as stuff breaks? Not sure what I'd need. I have most common hand tools but this is first real rc so no rc tools.

??? . Until last Sunday I would walk and search the site till I found it. Now I'll just swap in another or re torque every few passes. I got tired of people looking at me like I was a crackhead lookin for a piece ????
I cant tell you how many times I looked for parts that fell off. Like rear dog bones, wheel nuts etc. I would be searching for 40 min with my large flashlight at night. People looking at me like I was weird. Once Airport PD approached me asking what I was doing. I don't think they believed me. But minutes later I found my dog bone. I was doing a grid pattern search like when you do evidence collection at a crime scene. It works, believe me. I Bash near this runway outside Laguardia airport sometimes. Landing lights are there, so Airport PD hangs out there a lot. I never lose wheel nuts anymore. Probably because I keep a wrench in my pocket and always check them between packs and sometimes during. :cool:

Edit I once spent an hour looking for a mini cam That fell off my Kraton. I went there 2 days in a row and 2 hours and never found it. Someone must have found it.

I cant tell you how many times I looked for parts that fell off. Like rear dog bones, wheel nuts etc. I would be searching for 40 min with my large flashlight at night. People looking at me like I was weird. Once Airport PD approached me asking what I was doing. I don't think they believed me. But minutes later I found my dog bone. I was doing a grid pattern search like when you do evidence collection at a crime scene. It works, believe me. I Bash near this runway outside Laguardia airport sometimes. Landing lights are there, so Airport PD hangs out there a lot. I never lose wheel nuts anymore. Probably because I keep a wrench in my pocket and always check them between packs and sometimes during. :cool:

Edit I once spent an hour looking for a mini cam That fell off my Kraton. I went there 2 days in a row and 2 hours and never found it. Someone must have found it.
??? I'm still waiting for that"Sir what are you doing moment" HAAAHAA?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back