Kraton VIDEO: Racing the Kraton on the Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitr0EngiEx

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am working on a new Youtube Channel and made a video about racing the Kraton at Lake Park, Force Series by Jconcepts and DDHRC

Please check it out if you interested in racing the Kraton, also any likes, and subscribers will help my channel grow. Thanks!

For a first time racing, with only one full day of practice, your driving looked pretty clean! But with that said, there is still a lot of room for improvement - swapping to a Mugen won't put you on the lead lap, or even on the next to lead lap.

OTOH, if you know you want to do more racing, well, that is a great excuse to buy a new RC... :)

Oh lol for sure I don't expect to buy a Mugen and win day one; however, I will have more support options and tunability out of a proper race car. I just don't want to invest too much time on the Kraton when there are better options.

Did you buy the Kraton with the intention to race it in the truggy class? Do you know if you could run a truggified Typhon in that class? Just curious. What batteries were you running?

I’ve never raced so I can’t comment on your driving. I’m sure it was better than mine would have been. It looked like you were having all sorts of traction issues. Kudos for the effort and determination!

Did you buy the Kraton with the intention to race it in the truggy class? Do you know if you could run a truggified Typhon in that class? Just curious. What batteries were you running?

I’ve never raced so I can’t comment on your driving. I’m sure it was better than mine would have been. It looked like you were having all sorts of traction issues. Kudos for the effort and determination!

No I thought I explained in the video that I lied to myself by thinking I was just gonna bash and be happy but then immediately decided I wanted to race after I already had it.

So yeah it was an after thought.

Now I want a race kit.

No I thought I explained in the video that I lied to myself by thinking I was just gonna bash and be happy but then immediately decided I wanted to race after I already had it.

So yeah it was an after thought.

Now I want a race kit.

Didn’t hang on every word. My bad.

If you can finish you did great! If there is someone faster better then learn the secrets. High end low end cars need drivers if you can learn the chassis tuning with low end then when you get a high end car you will know what to do. I want to get into racing but there are no tracks around here. Bashing is good but doesn't give you the feel of competition

Yeah my thing is there isn't really a gathering for Bashing or Bash parks or anything that bring Bashers together; however, racing is organized and draws people in giving you access to other racers to collaborate with and have fun.

I found myself going to the beach alone, my wife always begs me to go to the Beach but now I wanted to take my Kraton to bash and she doesn't want to go. Being alone is well.... Lonely...... Its like playing a single player game vs multi player. you get sick of playing yourself and doing the story mode, sometimes you just want to get out and Frag people on the internet. It is totally different.

I would feel different if there was a crew of bashers and we had a secret construction site to meet up at and build jumps and do cool stuff, but the fact is, all I have is you guys here on the forum and that doesn't help the need and want to play with others.

This might seem stupid to some of you, but it sums up how I feel.

It sounds like you need to find a social aspect to RC trucks. It's a shame your wife isn't interested. Hopefully you'll get friends from the racing side that are also into the bashing side, and that Kraton you have will show how good it is!

Yeah my thing is there isn't really a gathering for Bashing or Bash parks or anything that bring Bashers together; however, racing is organized and draws people in giving you access to other racers to collaborate with and have fun.

I found myself going to the beach alone, my wife always begs me to go to the Beach but now I wanted to take my Kraton to bash and she doesn't want to go. Being alone is well.... Lonely...... Its like playing a single player game vs multi player. you get sick of playing yourself and doing the story mode, sometimes you just want to get out and Frag people on the internet. It is totally different.

I would feel different if there was a crew of bashers and we had a secret construction site to meet up at and build jumps and do cool stuff, but the fact is, all I have is you guys here on the forum and that doesn't help the need and want to play with others.

I agree with you brother. I just keep making my kids come with me so I'm not alone. I do have a solution. Just move over here closer to Milwaukee and we can get a group started. It can be a drinking group with a bashing problem.

I agree with you brother. I just keep making my kids come with me so I'm not alone. I do have a solution. Just move over here closer to Milwaukee and we can get a group started. It can be a drinking group with a bashing problem.

Thats funny I love how you put that! drinking with a bashing problem, I will quote that one day!

I can’t remember the last time I saw another guy with an RC car. No hobby shops local either. Just me and my dog Bubby at our favorite bash sites. Another guy at work bought a Rustler and used at lunch time for a while but never got into it any further. I see some High end drones pretty often but cars and trucks, never.
Jim

I don't know guys... Y'all might have found a business idea. Let's start a bar with a bash yard. Just sayin. Could work.

I agree also, I had built a crawler a few years ago and you take it on any terrain but it was slow and no one around that was in it...so here we go kraton

Its not stupid at all. I feel the same way sometimes! I drive mostly by myself cause the local track closed so it gets pretty boring. You can do all the coolest jumps awsome crashes and just plain carnage but if no-one else is there to see it its not as fun. Alnost thought of doing videos but toi much work for somerhing that should be fun. Racing/bashing with other people is always more fun! On the flipside tho being by oneself allows me to focus on practicing certain aspects of driving that you just don't do with people around. Like repeating the same course or same jump or same drift till you get it just right. So in the end i will recommend that when by yourself focus on teaching yourself something( backflip\frontflip\2 wheels) that way when you do get around other peeps you can show off your new skills!

Do you know if you could run a truggified Typhon in that class?

Depends on how much the local track likes rules... :) My local track will let you run almost anything in any class, till you start winning.

To the OP -
Yeah, if you will be racing 100% then a racing kit is the way to go. And if Mugen is popular at your track, then they would be a good choice. In my area, Mugen and Tekno are the two big dogs, with TLR mostly coming in third, but sometimes trumped by the "flavor of the month" club.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back