Kraton VIDEO: Racing the Kraton on the Track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's my plan when my kraton is done I will be looking for Mugen or Tekno buggy for all out competition

On my research I have not been much on team associated but their buggy chassis layout is up their with Mugen and tekno on tuneability

AE has been the gold standard in the 1/10 2wd buggy, but their 1/8 buggies have never been anything special. Their latest (RC8.3?) is basically a copy of the Mugen that breaks more often...

AE has been the gold standard in the 1/10 2wd buggy, but their 1/8 buggies have never been anything special. Their latest (RC8.3?) is basically a copy of the Mugen that breaks more often...
Right exactly so mugen is popular, the AE guy's swapped to mugen and and before that that were replacing AE parts with mugen because its better.

So I don't want to start with AE just to turn it into a mugen with parts.

Now Tekno.. I am a fan they are interesting looking, the e truggy have a beautiful layout on suspension, they seem to have longer than usual a arms and a more narrow chassis. It looks like a spider, pretty sweet. I just don't see as many of those.

Also apparently e truggy 1/8 is not popular at allot of tracks, but I love the bigger trucks and being able to bash the track.

There is allot to consider! Mostly I am waiting on two things.

1. Mbx8t eco release
2. My kraton, hop ups, and spare parts to sell.

I am broke..... spent all my Money trying to go pro kraton so I am kind of on hold.

Kraton is all cleaned up and ready to sell, check it out in classifieds along with a YouTube video on the car.

I'm contemplating an Outcast/Notorious and many of the HR parts are the same. I almost never buy used and if I do the savings need to be decent (hint, hint).

Well we can work out a package deal if you buy them all. Keep in mind I upgraded the hot racing stuff further by upgrading to AVID Bearings. The stock HR bearings are crap...

almost all the HR items have brand new in Bag Avid bearings never used... so your basically getting brand new items.

If money is an issue, the Kraton should serve for a while as a racer. Yeah, it is a bit heavier, but most racers will run with the throttle EPA dialed back anyway... It is another near copy of the Mugen (which you probably already figured out) so they can help with tuning...

BUT - With the Mbx8T about to start showing up, start chatting up the Mugen drivers. I'll bet more than a few will be jumping to the new chassis, and will be fire-saling their Mbx7T. This could be a great opportunity to pick up a well maintained truck already set up for your track, possibly with some hop-ups and maybe some electrics. Be sure to watch RCTech classifieds - there are lots of good deals moving thru that page. Also, if you FB, look for local racing groups and BST groups. There are deals to be had, if you are willing to go used and have some patients.

I don’t race rc but do race Mountain bikes, Cat2 40-50year class. I always think I need a new bike when some old geaser flys past me on a twenty year old bike. Turns out I need more miles and conditioning and not a new bike.

If money is an issue, the Kraton should serve for a while as a racer. Yeah, it is a bit heavier, but most racers will run with the throttle EPA dialed back anyway... It is another near copy of the Mugen (which you probably already figured out) so they can help with tuning...

BUT - With the Mbx8T about to start showing up, start chatting up the Mugen drivers. I'll bet more than a few will be jumping to the new chassis, and will be fire-saling their Mbx7T. This could be a great opportunity to pick up a well maintained truck already set up for your track, possibly with some hop-ups and maybe some electrics. Be sure to watch RCTech classifieds - there are lots of good deals moving thru that page. Also, if you FB, look for local racing groups and BST groups. There are deals to be had, if you are willing to go used and have some patients.

This is what I have been doing the last week is looking for an mbx7r buggy on Facebook. There are allot for sale in the 200 range which is appealing.

I think I will start on a used mbx7r and get the mbx8t when it releases.

Or perhaps I will get a mbxt7. I want to avoid buying older tech.

Hey guys, I am working on a new Youtube Channel and made a video about racing the Kraton at Lake Park, Force Series by Jconcepts and DDHRC

Please check it out if you interested in racing the Kraton, also any likes, and subscribers will help my channel grow. Thanks!

It looked like you were doing pretty dang good! That track is awesome too! We're there any parts of the track that you especially liked or disliked? I am working on building a track, but I have never actually driven on one. I like the idea of table tops because there seems to be less pressure to make the jump. It looked like that one diagonal hump on that button hook to the right was a slow point for just about everyone. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looked like a blast!

It looked like you were doing pretty dang good! That track is awesome too! We're there any parts of the track that you especially liked or disliked? I am working on building a track, but I have never actually driven on one. I like the idea of table tops because there seems to be less pressure to make the jump. It looked like that one diagonal hump on that button hook to the right was a slow point for just about everyone. Anyway, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It looked like a blast!

Bit of an old thread haha

I'm building a racing talion. I've only modded it so far to reduce the weight but haven't had the chance to test run it. So far my talion weighs 4.3kg with the battery. When I'm done my total weight should be 4kg with battery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back