Mojave Video thoughts on the TBone mud guards front and rear installed on my Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I installed and ran off cam the new mud guards on my Mojave.

Sorry for the lack of Ric Flair in the editing job. Just got it done and I'm still not used to making vids and don't do it enough to retain the techniques. I will in time.

Good try with the guards, looked like they would work good, but you still have to try and see, right. Dude, I got a kick out of those Harbor Freight freebie lights, I have a half dozen of them all over the crib, garage, and shed. When you said let me get some light, I could hear the click ha ha, reconize that sound. Then in the vid I could see their magnetic trays, have a few of them too lol. Looks like I'm not the only one down here that visits HF lol!

Good try with the guards, looked like they would work good, but you still have to try and see, right. Dude, I got a kick out of those Harbor Freight freebie lights, I have a half dozen of them all over the crib, garage, and shed. When you said let me get some light, I could hear the click ha ha, reconize that sound. Then in the vid I could see their magnetic trays, have a few of them too lol. Looks like I'm not the only one down here that visits HF lol!

I can't go in there with out using coupons and getting my free thing. When they first opened here in Hammond there were so many choices for the freebie. I have tarps and moving blankets still in the packges and my work tables are covered with HF moving blankets. Cheap batteries everywhere, tool magnet. Lately though they have the blue lights and that blue screwdriver and thats it. I still gotta go often.
We need some Harbor Freight RC decals because I wouldn't have trucks without that store. ?

I can't go in there with out using coupons and getting my free thing. When they first opened here in Hammond there were so many choices for the freebie. I have tarps and moving blankets still in the packges and my work tables are covered with HF moving blankets. Cheap batteries everywhere, tool magnet. Lately though they have the blue lights and that blue screwdriver and thats it. I still gotta go often.
We need some Harbor Freight RC decals because I wouldn't have trucks without that store. ?
Yeah, I have 3 moving blankets still in the bag in the next room. Sitting here watching tv and on my coffee table has a blue light on it lol.
I must get at least half dozen emails a week with their offers. I can't escape from HF if I tried. ?

Last edited:
I installed and ran off cam the new mud guards on my Mojave.

Sorry for the lack of Ric Flair in the editing job. Just got it done and I'm still not used to making vids and don't do it enough to retain the techniques. I will in time.
Damn did you have Michael J Fox there holding the camera ???✌?✌? Haha JK

Those flaps look real good. I wonder how much they will rub the body or chatter against it? A little bit of TPU over the top edge might cure that. ??‍♂️

Those flaps look real good. I wonder how much they will rub the body or chatter against it? A little bit of TPU over the top edge might cure that. ??‍♂️
I had it in my hand and maybe stabilization was off. I don't hear rubbing but over time we'll see what the body looks like.

They def look like they help a lot, but stuff still getting in from the rear tires "kicking" up in there . As you know crimson , I run a chassis net cover , as it is winter here up in the north east , I don't know yet how summer temps will affect the motor/esc temps on mine .

They def look like they help a lot, but stuff still getting in from the rear tires "kicking" up in there . As you know crimson , I run a chassis net cover , as it is winter here up in the north east , I don't know yet how summer temps will affect the motor/esc temps on mine .

I'm dealing with leaves and pine straw in my yard and this is all what I found inside after the quick run. The leaves and stuff are more nuisance than debilitating and I really think the most damaging stuff (like stones or rocks) won't make it inside. I may have expected too much from the guards but I still like em so far. I need to run it out there where I did the last vid to see how much cut grass slips in. I do want the net still and am less worried about temps with Yeah Racing dual motor fans kit...will test after I get em installed and check again when we get warmer weather here.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a handheld gimbal just so I don't look like a parki but sure enough I've wanted one. ? Next time I'll drink enough juice to level out before I record my vids ...or just buy one....lol. They are going down in price but still not sure best value yet. Wonder if a cheap $100 one is good or maybe second hand? Would you think they hold up enough to get one used? @jondilly1974

Last edited:
I'm dealing with leaves and pine straw in my yard and this is all what I found inside after the quick run. The leaves and stuff are more nuisance than debilitating and I really think the most damaging stuff (like stones or rocks) won't make it inside. I may have expected too much from the guards but I still like em so far. I need to run it out there where I did the last vid to see how much cut grass slips in. I do want the net still and am less worried about temps with Yeah Racing dual motor fans kit...will test after I get em installed and check again when we get warmer weather here.

I'll be damned if I'm gonna buy a handheld gimbal just so I don't look like a parki but sure enough I've wanted one. ? Next time I'll drink enough juice to level out before I record my vids ...or just buy one....lol. They are going down in price but still not sure best value yet. Wonder if a cheap $100 one is good or maybe second hand? Would you think they hold up enough to get one used? @jondilly1974
I have a gimbal but never use it as it’s a PITA to use one handed. Also, it’s another thing to control, charge, etc. I am really thinking of buying the DJI Pocket because it is built in. No more assembling, balancing, charging two devices, etc. Even if it’s only marginally smoother than no gimbal, it will be more likely to get used. I just wish GoPro made one similar.

This weekend, i installed Tbone Racing mud guards on the mojave. They worked Great!!! i would say about 80%+ in debris reduction. no fitting or rubbing issues. chassis fit as well. tight clearances but worked great. no issues!

This weekend, i installed Tbone Racing mud guards on the mojave. They worked Great!!! i would say about 80%+ in debris reduction. no fitting or rubbing issues. chassis fit as well. tight clearances but worked great. no issues!
I feel it's a good product but for where I'm driving I think I need a little more protection. Those leaves and pine straw find their way in and are a real pain to even try to blow out after the run.

We ran mine with mud guards front and rear a friend of,mine no,guards in wet grass/dirt same day same everthing 4 packs each and the tbone guards did absolutely nothing they were both equally full of everthing in the fields.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back