Outcast Videos from last weekend, 2018/09/08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Just some outcast and ejato videos. My bashing buddy couldn't make it. I tried brightening the footage as it was pretty cloudy the entire time I was out, doing so made it a bit grainy.

My local park with the outcast. Running 16/50 gearing with traxxas 3.8 Maxx zero offset tires. Seems plenty fast for me and I don't know how it will do at the other park I run at. It overheated on me here, but it was towards the end of the pack and I found that my motor fan and esc fan were unplugged at the ESC. Then I found a rock from my last bash stuck in the esc fan. Figured that out about 5 minutes before my packs went dead.

Also, turned my rear tower into a V around my T2T brace, it cracked when I bent it back at the car. Also busted my front center brace, the wing mount and wing mount support. Was a bad landing. I commented on it when it happened "that bent something...".

New skatepark that was about 40 minutes away... not sure it was worth it, but it's 15 minutes past another that I ran at. I didn't have time to run at both.

There was a soccer match going on nearby that just ended and as people were leaving, they were stopping, clapping and honking when I'd launch out of the end.

First time I ran the eJato on 3S. Changed the gearing up and I think it's about perfect for me. I dialed the EPA on the throttle back to 80% to try and get a bit more run time without crushing the axles so hard. Also, the only 3S packs I currently have are 2 25C traxxas 5000mah packs.

I ran it at both parks as well.

I'm trying to find some 5000mah 3S packs that I can start buying to use in all my trucks and switch over to use 3s/6s vs 2s/4s, but I'm having a hard time finding ones that are short enough for the stampede 4x4 and thin enough for my e-revo. I've really liked running the 7200/7400 SMC 2S lipo's in all my trucks. They fit in everything and I don't have to worry about having to discharge fully charged packs if I break one of my trucks. I just run them in another truck. Hope I can find something that works for all of them. I don't want to go back to having 2 types if I can avoid it.

Last edited:
That skate park looks awesome.
Added a bit of variety, just a bit of a hike to get to and sort of a one trick pony skate park. Would be better if they made it wider vs so long and narrow. There are literally 10+ acres of lawn next to it... definitely could have done the layout less cramped.

Still, it's 10 minutes past one I've been adding to my bash day circuit, so I may hit that, the Sandwich one and the local one in a day vs driving another 20 miles past my town.
2018-0913-SkateParksIGoToB.jpg

The one in Rochelle isn't that great anyway. Ramps on a flat slab, very hard on the trucks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back