Outcast Videos from Sunday, 2018/10/22 - hit a tree...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Wasn't an awful impact. Flexed my RPM arms enough to pop the CVD out and shattered one of the dubro monster ball ends on one of my shocks. Didn't seem to bend anything permanent though. However, the chassis seems twisted now. If I touch both rear wheels then let the front come down, one wheel contacts before the other. So, need to look into that.

Had a few harsh landings at the skatepark near me as well.

Outcast videos:

Hit the tree at the end:

Stampede 4x4 now on 3S videos:

Good to see a few front flips (y)
Yeah, practically snapped a rear arm off when I was trying, then did a really nice one by accident. Had a lot of rough landings today. Been about a month since I ran last. Guess I'm a little rusty.

You vids are an inspiration to get my new truck out to play. so many nose dives/ 1 wheel landings/ tumbles and the truck just runs away and asks for more. Awesome!

Yeah, practically snapped a rear arm off when I was trying, then did a really nice one by accident. Had a lot of rough landings today. Been about a month since I ran last. Guess I'm a little rusty.

I start my forwards flips much sooner that you do. Gives me more time to correct, lol.

I start my forwards flips much sooner that you do. Gives me more time to correct, lol.
Yeah, I need practice. Also, I run 4S so I don't have as much to "fix" it if it's failing on me. On the normal jump, I was apparently letting off way to early repeatedly and I don't know why. It kept lawn darting. I think the hard wind out of the south was throwing me off. Right before I ran it in the Dekalb video, I had spent 30+ minutes bashing my 4x4 stampede there and the wind kept catching it in the air on that same jump, so I was letting off the throttle early on it so the nose would come down. That was the first time running 3S in my stampede and I never had enough speed/power to clear that gap with it before. I think that carried over to my outcast running.

I'm even worse when I run nitro and electric on the same day...

Wish I had one of those big foam pits that BMX guys jump in when practicing. lol!

Dude I knew you were running 4s in the outcast when I heard full throttle in the air and nose dive into the ground more than once. The whole reason I run 6s is so I never have this problem. I tap the throttle and level back out. Can’t do that when your already at max wheel speed using 4s batteries. 6s gives you the control you need for big air. Come down two many times like that your gonna break something.

I run 4s in my typhoon. I hit a ramp at a high speed, nose dive almost every time. Hit the ramp at a lower speed on 4s to save a little room for adjustment. If that makes sense

Dude I knew you were running 4s in the outcast when I heard full throttle in the air and nose dive into the ground more than once. The whole reason I run 6s is so I never have this problem. I tap the throttle and level back out. Can’t do that when your already at max wheel speed using 4s batteries. 6s gives you the control you need for big air. Come down two many times like that your gonna break something.

I run 4s in my typhoon. I hit a ramp at a high speed, nose dive almost every time. Hit the ramp at a lower speed on 4s to save a little room for adjustment. If that makes sense

I didn't have that issue nearly as much when running the 3.8" trenchers on 4S. They had more mass to alter things in the air more easily. I dropped to a lighter wheel/tires because I was overheating when running the grass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back