Outcast Videos from today, 2018/09/16 - Outcast and very little of my eJato

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Decided to take the 40 minute drive to the skatepark I tried out last time out. Still fun enough to burn through a pack. Didn't damage much there, other than a tree... for some reason, I crashed a ton. Don't know if I'm just having an off day, or if not installing the rear sway bars had that big of impact. Either way, I like the looseness of the truck without swaybars, so those won't be going back on.

The outcast again at another skatepark that's sort of on the way back home. I busted it somewhere in the middle of the run, pretty sure the impact at 2:06 is what did it. I busted the front upper/rear hinge pin brace. After that hit, I looked at it and didn't see anything, but then my steering was all wonky. I have a Voltage RC piece coming in the mail as well as the rear chassis brace/wing brace piece that bolts to the diff case as I busted that last time out and after this bash, I stripped 2 screws out of the diff case/bulkhead again on the rear, so I need to take it off anyway. The 2 screws the t-bone rear wheelie bar/skid plate use on the upper diff case rip out of the bulkhead. This is the 3rd time in a month... I need to figure out something else for that because this is just stupid.

Anyway, the video:

Tried running my eJato at the first skatepark again. I ran it last time out for 2 or 3 packs, at least 2 were back to back and it did just fine. Today, I made it from my car to the edge of the skatepark, 4 minutes of not much other than tooling along... then the motor spit out it's smoke. Video is pretty crappy and you can't see the smoke, or smell the awful smell. Got a Castle SCT Sv3/3800kv coming in the mail already. Hoping it can take 3S on this thing, because now that I've run 3S... I don't want to go back!

I love to see some big air front flips out of that bad boy.
I try it on purpose once in a while, but I never get all 4 wheels to stop at the same time and it always goes batty and lands horribly. I only land one on rare occasion where I hit a jump wrong that pitches me forward and I recover by jamming the brakes.

I try it on purpose once in a while, but I never get all 4 wheels to stop at the same time and it always goes batty and lands horribly. I only land one on rare occasion where I hit a jump wrong that pitches me forward and I recover by jamming the brakes.

I was having a hard time doing fronts because I was taking off like I was doing a backflip. When I do a backflip I run up to the jump and accelerate off the top and then give it more throttle. I tried running up to the jump, accelerate and then hitting the brakes. My truck would flip forward and sideways every time. Now I run up to the jump fast but I hold a set throttle position until the second the wheels leave the ground. Then hard brake. I get a beautiful forward flip almost every time. It looks so cool and easy to correct at the end with a little throttle blip.

I'll try it again at the end of my next bash. Not a show opener type move for me. I want to get some wheel time before I turf it out hard.

Thanks for the tips!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back