Vintage Team Associated RC10B2 rebuild.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Anything will break if you drive it wrong enough.
Community Leader
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 3s
Over the summer I stopped at a yard sale and found this vintage Team Associated RC10B2 buggy with 3 sets of wheels/tires, 3 Futaba transmitters(with only one battery holder that is missing a tab) 2 chargers, 5 random cans of paint, a dead 1200mah nicd battery, Novak Rooster brushed esc, Trinity Speed Gems 2 Quartz brushed motor and full retail packaging from 1995 for $50. I threw a different receiver in and tossed in my 1800mah nimh battery and was extremely surprised by how well it ran for a 22 year old rc car.
I tore it completely apart to see what if anything needed to be replaced, found 1 missing screw, 2 missing e clips, a few foam ball stud washers were missing, one of the rear camber/suspension mounts had a stripped hole, one bent front camber link and one bent shock shaft. Picked up most of the parts plus a few other odds and ends, right from Associated for $26.22 with shipping. I had to order some NOS camber links off eBay.

I lost a lot of my pictures doing the whole Photobucket debacle so I am missing a lot of my progress pictures.

N9pV5Dul.jpg

e3gLKmvl.jpg

IdyPTXsl.jpg

I started by rebuilding the Trinity Speed Gems 2 motor
Old springs and brushes.
ZHo0HzRl.jpg

New springs and brushes installed.

ibRPSIel.jpg

Rebuilt the bellcrank, replaced the bushings with flanged bearings and added the Factory Team steering post.

DMM0Tnpl.jpg

New Kimbrough 81t spur.

SLMLyDcl.jpg

New tranny case.

AHKKuFYl.jpg

Last edited:
Shocks before.

yT2k3Mml.jpg

All tore apart.

SPEIYD0l.jpg

So many little parts lol

McOpSH5l.jpg

All rebuilt.

wfnal9Rl.jpg

Mounted up the front steering for a RC10B4.3 so I could run hex wheels.

AoMttyal.jpg

For electronics I am running the brushed Dynamite speed control out of my Ecx Ruckus, a Traxxas 2056 servo, a Spektrum DX2.0, and a Spektrum receiver out of the Ruckus.

y0SGHXHl.jpg

Still need to get a new body for it but this is how she sits right now.
Associated RC10B4.3 wheels.
VP Pro Friction Soft 2.2 tires front and back.
Schumacher Tubby Foams.
Associated RC10B3 Rpm front a arms.
Factory Team Screw kit.
High downforce wing.
Rpm front bumper for the Associated T4.

xTaNuCol.jpg

Last edited:
Idk why this thing is just so enjoyable to drive and it flies through the air so beautifully. I did learn that racing tires = no good for bashing. After about 4-5 packs they are bald :( Think I'm going to order some Duratrax Lockup ST 2.2s

Found some bnib rpm a arms on ebay so I had to snatch them up.
YTiUfDSl.jpg

h3VQKcZl.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good dude, That looks like the kit I built back in the day when I was young, I had the Team kit with the extra goodies.
Yup this was the Team Kit.

I have a shelf Queen Yokomo yZ10 that I want to do a modern electronics “resto mod” on. The issue I am having with it is since it is 4wd belt drive I can’t just stick a Nihm or lipo stick pack in it. It has slots for 7 cell NiCds saddle packs. So I’ll have to get saddle pack lipo or Nihm for it. Also, Yokomo used a weird square hub on that so I will
Have to either convert it to hex or mount modern rubber on the old wheels.
I’d found reproduction bodies for it, though .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back